Re-entry permit and TM30

Hey

I got a 1 year marriage extension and I just got a multiple re-entry permit but I've never used it before. Is there anything I need to know or do when I leave or enter Thailand on the re-entry permit? Or is everything as it normally is and it's all handle at the visa checkpoint? 

Also, what do I do about my TM30? Do I ignore it and send one in once I come back? 

Thanks.

(1) When re-entering Thailand make sure that it's the re-entry permit (not marriage extension) number that's completed in the "Visa no." box on the TM6 arrival card.

(2) Assuming that you've already filed a TM30 with Immigration and that you'll be returning to the same address mentioned in it there's no need to submit a fresh form after you get back.

(3) Since it's a multiple re-entry permit check that an immigration officer at Arrivals hasn't mistakenly cancelled it prematurely (normally by stamping USED across it) before leaving their booth.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 2:14 PM, OJAS said:

(1) When re-entering Thailand make sure that it's the re-entry permit (not marriage extension) number that's completed in the "Visa no." box on the TM6 arrival card.

(2) Assuming that you've already filed a TM30 with Immigration and that you'll be returning to the same address mentioned in it there's no need to submit a fresh form after you get back.

(3) Since it's a multiple re-entry permit check that an immigration officer at Arrivals hasn't mistakenly cancelled it prematurely (normally by stamping USED across it) before leaving their booth.

Thank you! Do you know what to do about the 90 day report? I'm supposed to report next on 30 June but I'm leaving Thailand now and wont return until late July. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TPDH said:

Thank you! Do you know what to do about the 90 day report? I'm supposed to report next on 30 June but I'm leaving Thailand now and wont return until late July. 

Don't do a 90 report.

When you reenter your 90 day clock starts again.

Added note: after being stamped in have quick look at stamped in "admit till" date.

It should be same date as on your extension expiry date which is same as on your reentry permit. 

Edited by DrJack54

On 5/22/2022 at 2:14 PM, OJAS said:

Chiang Mai Imm wanted me to update my TM30 a few months ago (returning to the same address). So I guess that this might depend on the specific office.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Chiang Mai Imm wanted me to update my TM30 a few months ago (returning to the same address). So I guess that this might depend on the specific office.

Just another rouge immigration office not abiding by changes to the requirements. 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just another rouge immigration office not abiding by changes to the requirements. 

If by rouge you meant red, I appreciate your subtle political humor.

Abiding or not, they have the last word.

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't do a 90 report.

When you reenter your 90 day clock starts again.

Added note: after being stamped in have quick look at stamped in "admit till" date.

It should be same date as on your extension expiry date which is same as on your reentry permit. 

Thank you very much! So after coming back to Thailand, I don't need to do the TM30 until 90 days later? 

If I change my address, then I need to do it right away though? 

Edited by TPDH

2 minutes ago, TPDH said:

Thank you very much! So after coming back to Thailand, I don't need to do the TM30 until 90 days later? 

If I change my address, then I need to do it right away though? 

You dont need to do a TM30 on re entry only for changing address, however not all offices seem to be up to date after they changed this a couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, proton said:

You dont need to do a TM30 on re entry only for changing address

Also if entered on new visa or visa exempt. You would need a new TM30 in that case.

However the OP has reentry permit so not required. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Also if entered on new visa or visa exempt. You would need a new TM30 in that case.

However the OP has reentry permit so not required. 

I hope you are right, any TM30 nonsense and another fine when I go for an extension next week and I will seriously consider the agent route. 

3 minutes ago, proton said:

I hope you are right, any TM30 nonsense and another fine when I go for an extension next week and I will seriously consider the agent route. 

As mentioned earlier so immigration offices make up their own rules. Damn ridiculous imo.

You need to be aware of your imm office.

It's not just the small ones. Think CM might be requiring Tm30 when they should not. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

As mentioned earlier so immigration offices make up their own rules. Damn ridiculous imo.

You need to be aware of your imm office.

It's not just the small ones. Think CM might be requiring Tm30 when they should not. 

Samut Prakan insisted on a TM30 last year before even giving queue tickets! then told me my Tm30 was out of date even though not left the country or moved. Some of them are either very ignorant of the rules or just out to be as awkward as they can

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, proton said:

Samut Prakan insisted on a TM30 last year before even giving queue tickets! then told me my Tm30 was out of date even though not left the country or moved. Some of them are either very ignorant of the rules or just out to be as awkward as they can

I'm hearing you.

I've been bit spoilt in my time in los.

Have only ever dealt with CW have found them good to deal with.

You don't get various rubbish requirements as per some offices, such as Jomtien report back after 3 months for money in bank.

Monty Python stuff. 

If I had to deal with a rubbish office I would agent for sure. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 4:32 PM, proton said:

Take a copy of this with you and watch their reaction.

TM30 Reporting Regulation.pdf 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, proton said:

No wonder they get confused, I will have to read it a few times, thanks.

It's clear and simple.

If you travel and return to your previous residence on file you do not need to file TM30

If you exit Thailand and return on existing visa or reentry permit and return to your previous residence then TM30 is not required.

I guess if someone deals with a rogue office then most likely they would file a TM30 to avoid fine.

Yes ridiculous. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It's clear and simple.

If you travel and return to your previous residence on file you do not need to file TM30

If you exit Thailand and return on existing visa or reentry permit and return to your previous residence then TM30 is not required.

I guess if someone deals with a rogue office then most likely they would file a TM30 to avoid fine.

Yes ridiculous. 

Great! What about the TM47 in the case of leaving Thailand and coming back on a re-entry permit? 

I'm supposed to do the next 90 day report in late June but I'm leaving now and wont be back in Thailand until late July. 

36 minutes ago, TPDH said:

I'm supposed to do the next 90 day report in late June but I'm leaving now and wont be back in Thailand until late July.

Forget about current 90 report coming up.

Not required.

When you reenter in July that date of entry starts your 90 clock.

So date of entry is day 1.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Forget about current 90 report coming up.

Not required.

When you reenter in July that date of entry starts your 90 clock.

So date of entry is day 1.

Ok so I just gotta do the 90 day report within 90 days from coming back? 

On 5/30/2022 at 7:44 AM, DrJack54 said:

It's clear and simple.

Yes ridiculous. 

Hello Dr. Jack, previously had an OA. I'm returning on a new visa ( 90 day Non O ),  not returning to where I was registered at CW for years. I will be hoteling it for 10-14 days or so until I find something long term and at another province.  The TM30 should be covered by hotels and when I settle into something other than hotels, then can do the TM30 with whats required from owner / landlord correct ? Thanks.....  

34 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

The TM30 should be covered by hotels and when I settle into something other than hotels, then can do the TM30 with whats required from owner / landlord correct

You covered it well.

Since you entered on new visa you are required to file a TM30.

No urgency.

Just make sure that you or hotel etc file a TM30 prior to attending immigration.

I would leave it till you settle on an address. 

The requirements will vary depending on where you settle..

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TPDH said:

Ok so I just gotta do the 90 day report within 90 days from coming back? 

Yes

You just need to remember what the purpose of the 90 day report is as shown on a TM47 form.

image.png.79eaaf9f146802e6162c2add53a25aea.png

• Like 1