Jump to content

Thailand Requests Removal From U.S. Trade Watch List


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

I request to be removed from having to do 90 day reports to immigration because I apply every year for an extension of stay, have two vehicles and my address has not changed.

 

Will that happen, no way in Hell

I have heard rumour this requirement was to be rescinded at least 3 times, but it never actually happens does it?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Those boxes of Cialis sitting out in the sun on card tables, for sale on Sukhumvit Road, those are all real, right?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Enzian said:

Those boxes of Cialis sitting out in the sun on card tables, for sale on Sukhumvit Road, those are all real, right?

Are you concerned that those boxes contain or don't contain tadalafil or that they are not manufactured by Eli Lilly?

Many drugs are available from local pharmacies that are chemically correct but have a different coloured wrapper.

Edited by VocalNeal
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Excel said:

So you spend your time investigating local pharmacies and the products they have for sale so you can post statements like that ? Interesting pastime that 😂

No. Just pointing out that people from certain nations are fascinated ,nay, obsessed with common manufactured items that they have been indoctrinated to believe are fake simply because they are not over priced and only available from government controlled outlets. 

 

 

Edited by VocalNeal
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The U.S. recently recommended in its annual Special 301 Report that the Thai authorities continue stepping up enforcement while ensuring that amendments to its Copyright Act addressed concerns expressed by Washington and others.

Must try harder.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I have heard rumour this requirement was to be rescinded at least 3 times, but it never actually happens does it?

I think it's now 56 times I've told them I'm still at the same address.. 

You'd think they'd believe me by now.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Excel said:

Just take a look at the Thais selling fake stuff, in Thailand, on Lazada.

Maybe a definition of "fake" is needed here.

 

On a motorcycle forum there is a guy in the USA worried that a motorbike engine cylinder he bought is fake🤔. It is simply an engineered metal part. If it were made out of plastic then yes, fake, but if it is still aluminum and steel then no. 

 

Asia, incl. Thailand and China places no value on thought. I.e. intellectual property. They only place value on physical products. 

Edited by VocalNeal
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I respectfully request that several people transfer 10 million baht each into my bank account today.

I request that from now on, I am referred to as Lord Mike. 

I request that I be made a Thai citizen, and given a passport, without any qualifications or effort on my part. Failing the fulfillment of that request, I request that I be given a 20 year, multiple entry visa, today. 

I request that I never have to work again.

 

These nitwits can request anything they want. However, in this life we need to back up our requests, or actions, with something real. Do some real work guys. Stop blabbing, and start acting. Real men act. Boys blad, and blab. What have they really done lately, to implement something tangible, other than confiscate some DVD's?

 

 

Edited by spidermike007
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Just take a look at the Thais selling fake stuff, in Thailand, on Lazada.  Surely that should be sufficient to elevate Thailand to 1st place in the rankings on the Trade Watch List.

Exactly, Thailand is two faced on many issues.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Are you concerned that those boxes contain or don't contain tadalafil or that they are not manufactured by Eli Lilly?

Many drugs are available from local pharmacies that are chemically correct but have a different coloured wrapper.

Is the card table sitting on the sidewalk a local pharmacy in your view?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I think it's now 56 times I've told them I'm still at the same address.. 

You'd think they'd believe me by now.

Imagine if you had a marriage extension... they come round for cuppa once a year and still don't believe you!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Imagine if you had a marriage extension... they come round for cuppa once a year and still don't believe you!

Exactly, many times visited, many cups of coffee and cakes yet, they still need to check on you and have you show your pretty face every 90 days, but now with the online program you could have moved and yet they still don't know...

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Exactly, Thailand is two faced on many issues.

 

 

... Three or even more in quite a few as well... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Remove Im urging the U. S.  to continue to exclude them like China any joining or help given they will not honor. 

I don't think China is in the list. Here is the list 

On the Watch List this year are Algeria, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Guatemala, Mexico, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam (Kuwait, Lebanon, and Romania being removed from the list this year).

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I don't think China is in the list. Here is the list 

On the Watch List this year are Algeria, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Guatemala, Mexico, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam (Kuwait, Lebanon, and Romania being removed from the list this year).

Correction in reference to China meant not on the list but Thailand can't be trusted like China

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...