Social media

jvs

What has social media done for us?

I think it has done a lot of good and bad for Thailand.I am not really bothered about other

countries because i live here.

I use Facebook a lot and i know a lot of people do also and a lot of people hate it!

Internet has been amazing but social media is just a little part of it.

I know all of you reading it must be using the internet a lot,i sometimes too much.

I spend most of my evenings on the internet,and you?

Facebook is great. Get the fb name of one girl in a bar and look at all her friends - the other girls in that and other bars. This gives a wonderful overview about the girls and their boyfriends, children, and and and. Most of the time what they publish has little resemblance with what they tell us if we ask them...

Personally I would never publish anything on fb. Why should I? Does really everybody I know need to know what I had for breakfast or lunch today? And do I want to show my colleagues where and how I party? No!

30 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Facebook is great. Get the fb name of one girl in a bar and look at all her friends - the other girls in that and other bars. This gives a wonderful overview about the girls and their boyfriends, children, and and and. Most of the time what they publish has little resemblance with what they tell us if we ask them...

Personally I would never publish anything on fb. Why should I? Does really everybody I know need to know what I had for breakfast or lunch today? And do I want to show my colleagues where and how I party? No!

I publish a lot on Facebook,never ever have i posted anything about what i had for breakfast or lunch,why would i?

I have never shown any one how and where i party either.

I think you have the wrong idea about the proper use of Facebook,it is great!For me at least.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Please provide a link to the manual about the proper use of fb.

And what happens to anybody who decides not to use it properly?

Yes maybe not the proper expression i used there,i guess the way you use it is the better way?

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 7:46 PM, BritManToo said:

It allows me to keep in contact with relatives still living in the UK.

I don't use it for people not related.

That's about it.  I have 16 FB friends, of which 10 are family. 

5 non family friends I've know from 40 to 65 yrs.  1 friend I've met

thru my wife, and been to his house a few times. 

No strangers, no friends of friends.

Makes staying conx easy & inexpensive.

I follow a group or 2 of my hobbies.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...