Thailand ranks high in Airbnb’s latest survey

webfact

Book a guest, 5 go free. New government promo. Same for the hapless ladies on Beach Road. I think there must be a travel agency in India promoting Haggle Holidays. Brush up your haggling skills in amazing Thailand. Special courses in how to get the price of MaMa down in 7/11.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

I hope those Indians are aware of that, otherwise they'll have to camp out front of 7-11 stores and accost innocent transvestites.

I made my condo manager aware about this 2 weeks ago when I saw a few lost souls with luggages waiting in lobby.
Now, they are installing face recognition cameras to enter the building.

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

According to the Hotels Act of 2004 affirmed by more recent court judgements against AirBNB Hosts:

Renting rooms out daily and weekly is illegal.

Operating a hotel business without a license is illegal.

agree, unfortunately not many people follow the law, many condo units being rented on a daily basis without any trouble, it appears there's a contradiction within the law, as Thai people have the right o collect income from any type of investment thus buying condo units and renting them out  (daily, weekly or monthly) is considered return on investment thus right to rent, as for hotel without license I see many of them around my place, small house with 7-8 rooms renting on a daily/weekly basis, no license and nobody checking them out, I know, I know this is LOS

11 hours ago, Mavideol said:

many condo units being rented on a daily basis without any trouble

Professional Juristic management will not allow this illegal activity. 

The co-owners should unite and rebel against these daily, weekly rentals with support of the Juristic person. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The co-owners should unite and rebel against these daily, weekly rentals with support of the Juristic person. 

In my place, from 01st of June, entrance only through face recognition.
Will keep the Chinese and Indian short term renters out.

8 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

unfortunately and I have seen it,  in some cases members of the NON professional  juristic management are doing that "illegal" activity on behalf of some owners and collecting commission

Edited by Mavideol