re entry visa do i need TP insurance

hello folks looking for as little help .

im going to europe next month for 2 months.i have a 12 month marriage visa (permission to stay) i have a re entry visa do i still require covid insurance i also have social security free hospital treatment here .. tks

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can show proof of social security coverage instead of  the $10,000 insurance when entering with a re-entry permit.

ok thanks what i actually have is a ID card and also my medical ins card i use at all government hospitals here my wife works government so myself and all our family are covered for medical treatment .. prescription charges...ect would this be ok do you think  thanks again

8 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

ok thanks what i actually have is a ID card and also my medical ins card i use at all government hospitals here my wife works government so myself and all our family are covered for medical treatment .. prescription charges...ect would this be ok do you think  thanks again

Yes

16 hours ago, mikejphuket said:

I am a permanent resident, have lovely pink ID card, but no social security coverage. I'm wondering if I have to make the Thailand Pass to arrive from overseas? If so what about insurance? Thank You.

As a PR is not a citizen or national, as i read the current TP mandates, yes, you would still need to get a TP and have the insurance or one of the accepted alternatives (ie proof of Thai SSO cover)   I am not aware of any exemption or the like that applies to this category of individuals. 

Edited by new2here

Hi sorry to high jack someone else post but i am going to uk in a couple of months i have a re entry permit.

i also have a Pacific cross health insurance 5 million policy would that be ok or would i need a separate 10,000 dollar insurance policy thank you for any help 

30 minutes ago, Binger said:

Hi sorry to high jack someone else post but i am going to uk in a couple of months i have a re entry permit.

i also have a Pacific cross health insurance 5 million policy would that be ok or would i need a separate 10,000 dollar insurance policy thank you for any help 

JUst get a letter from the insurance agent that it covers $10000USD covid-19. That will suffice. As far I know I Thai comprehensive insurances are issuing this type of letter. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

52 minutes ago, Binger said:

ok or would i need a separate 10,000 dollar insurance policy thank you for any help 

As advised above ...all you require is your insurance company to provide "statement" that your insurance covers covid for 10k.

Many folk have done this and I'm sure the insurance company will be familiar with that request. 

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

As advised above ...all you require is your insurance company to provide "statement" that your insurance covers covid for 10k.

Many folk have done this and I'm sure the insurance company will be familiar with that request. 

Thank you much appreciated