Things You + Your Thai Wife Do That Bug Eachother

SiamSquare123

Etc, etc, etc.

Your avatar makes your post somewnat superfluous in its content however to each his own. :o

You judge people's posts based on their avatars?

Weirder than your jet flying fantasies! :D

emperor_tud--FYI I have over 20,000 hours of jet flying (fantasy as you refer to it )and even though I do not agree with any of the put down generalizations in your post about Thai woman, in case you did not get it, I was just conveying to you on how real your avatar was in matching the frustration expressed in your post. :D

Her: She never offers more info to a question of mine despite the fact that my question is an open invite to chat about something.

Me: 'do you know her?'

She says 'yes'.

I then have to ask, 'who is she? / what's her name etc.

Me: "did you go to your mum's house this weekend?"

Her: "no."

Me: "so, where did you go?

Maybe more of a Thai thing, but it makes me semi-hysterical every time!!! All part of the beauty of a cross cultural relationship.

She also unplugs every electrical appliance...but after I got a pretty bad shock from my computer AFTER it was turned off but still plugged in, I now let that one pass. :D

Me: I turn right or left across the opposite lane before the green arrow lights up indicating it is now OK to go. I only do this if I can see that there is nothing coming head on and is safe to do so. Even if it is 2am and every other car in the province is off the road and I turn before the light and even though the straight ahead light is green and there are no cameras... she throws a wobbly! :o

Re-reading that bit, that probably should be in the 'what bugs me about her' bit.

Cheers

Edited by Jim's_a_Thai_Fox

HER :

Laughing at my Thai pronunciation and saying that most of it is wrong, when EVERYBODY else can understand me (even the old crones in the neighborhood) and I have been praised for my pronunciation more than corrected.

Scowling at me and shouting random nonsense such as "mai mow na!" when all I am doing is ordering my 12th beer in the restaurant !

saying "ooooooooiiiiiiiii !" and frowning at me at random intervals ?

She loves calling me "kee meow" as we have a cat and she thinks this is amusing (it is actually :-) I can take a joke

Appears to listen to everything I say while listening to nothing (wise girl :-)

AND THE VERY WORST : Enjoys nothing more than a 2 hour shopping trip to Big C/Lotus etc and buys almost nothing. For you guys who have this problem I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION !!! Simply find your nearest supermarket that has a decent Thai seafood restaurant type setup(or even a bar). Sit down and enjoy a nice plate of something spicy over a few cold ones whilst cracking jokes with the staff -VIOLA! everyone goes home happy :-)

ME :

Too many faults to cover, not enough time

I would never in my right mind marry a Thai woman so this doesn't really apply to me, however I've had two long term live in Thai girlfriends and the things that annoyed me about them are...

Too closed minded (not open to new suggestions, set in their boring Thai ways).

Unwilling to try anything that isn't Thai.

Eat disgusting peasant food and don't have a clue and not interested about food in general outside of Thai cuisine.

Not intelligent enough for stimulating conversation.

Fundamentally lazy.

Watch far too much TV.

Not interested in learning.

Etc, etc, etc.

Thai burds are maybe alright for 50+ blokes or saddos that have passed the chance of having a proper relationship with someone or are going through the mid-life crisis and need someone 20 years their junior on their arm, but not for me.

I think a closed minded bigot like you meet what you deserve. After all, who wants to have a relationship with someone who doesn't have any interest or respect in their culture and thinks everyone from her culture is ignorant and peasant like?

I have no doubt that the women in your relationships were as you say. However, who else other than the societies dregs, would have a self esteem low enough to subject themselves to someone like you for any exetented period of time?

Edited by Nebukanezar

She likes talking to me from some far away location in the house.I would have to stop whatever I was doing, to go find out what she's talking about.

Me,I can't hear anymore,unless someone's close to me.

Her :

1. THE GRUNTS :D:o , ohhh (understand ), ah ? ( dont understand ) , heuhh ? ( what what did you say ) , ne leh ( of course ) , oooiew ( shocked ) , eurrr ( in agreement ) ourrrrrrr !!( looks nice ) , owww ( what was that ).

Me :

1. Nothing is good enough :D .

- Too much spooning, i can't sleep if someone touches me all night like this

i don't have a thai wife, but my thai boyfriend does this cuddling thing too and it drives me CRAZY! and he always accuses me of not caring about him because i don't want to be suffocated by him all night. otherwise, he is very atypical (compared to other thais i have known) in that he is almost too straightforward in what he says, and his moods turn on a dime and are not hidden behind any mask. when he is angry or gets his feelings hurt his unleashes a torrent of curses (yet mae, yada yada) to shame the devil... but ten minutes later he is always sheepish and sweet again. it is like living with a constantly PMSing woman but we like each other anyway. i probably do more to annoy him (also guilty of the "we don't do this in my country" thing) than he does me...

Her :

1. THE GRUNTS :D:o , ohhh (understand ), ah ? ( dont understand ) , heuhh ? ( what what did you say ) , ne leh ( of course ) , oooiew ( shocked ) , eurrr ( in agreement ) ourrrrrrr !!( looks nice ) , owww ( what was that ).

Me :

1. Nothing is good enough :D .

LOL :D

meehhhh !!!, ooowweeee !!, ya-na !, nii nii niii ! ler ?!?! ching-uh ? etc etc etc

CAN ANYONE ADD ANYMORE ?

Her :

1. THE GRUNTS :D:D , ohhh (understand ), ah ? ( dont understand ) , heuhh ? ( what what did you say ) , ne leh ( of course ) , oooiew ( shocked ) , eurrr ( in agreement ) ourrrrrrr !!( looks nice ) , owww ( what was that ).

Me :

1. Nothing is good enough :o .

LOL :D

meehhhh !!!, ooowweeee !!, ya-na !, nii nii niii ! ler ?!?! ching-uh ? etc etc etc

CAN ANYONE ADD ANYMORE ?

:D:bah::bah:

omg... I just can laugh about the topic.. sorry guys! (the topic is a bitr girly, and is funny to read guys complaining about girls...) ;)

hahaha :D

:o

We sit down together to watch a movie, maybe a TV program thats already started and although we sat down to watch it at exactly the same time she will straight away turn to me and ask me, "why did they do that" "what happened" I laugh every time explaining that i've only watched the same amount as her so I am not really sure either.. funny more than annoying.

Most annoying thing really I suppose is that after we have been having sex for 30 seconds and I finish and stop she always asks for another round. :o

Her translation: If she helps by translating a difficult conversation, she either A: talks for 10 minutes and gives me a one sentence rundown. B: Tells me all the random unimportant information and leaves out the most important details.

LOL!! I can relate to this one :o

me too.

We sit down together to watch a movie, maybe a TV program thats already started and although we sat down to watch it at exactly the same time she will straight away turn to me and ask me, "why did they do that" "what happened" I laugh every time explaining that i've only watched the same amount as her so I am not really sure either.. funny more than annoying.

My wife does this too. I always tell her that i did not write the movie.

Most annoying thing really I suppose is that after we have been having sex for 30 seconds and I finish and stop she always asks for another round. :bah:

With only 30 seconds of sex, sure I would ask for a second round.. :D:D:D

(typing mistakes can affect your image) :bah:

:o:D

next to all the oooiii and all that, sounds like a sound effects studio when she and her family talk to each other.

mine has the tendency to always freak out and get shocked when ever i get in the room she is in,

therefor must always be calling her name when ever i am moving, it feels like those toy ducks that walks and quackes all the time,