Pattaya hotel business leader urges new mayor to fix never-ending roadworks

snoop1130

284158924_5396776333676590_3874091842102290682_n-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: บริษัท โสภณ เคเบิ้ล ที.วี.และสื่อสาร พัทยา จำกัด

The leader of the Thai Hotels Association’s eastern chapter urged the new mayor, Poramase “Beer” Ngampiches, to fix what he calls Pattaya’s five most urgent problems to prepare for continual tourists’ return and an expected “high season” this year.

Yesterday, Wednesday, May 25th, Phisut Sae-khu, leader of the Thai Hotels Association’s eastern chapter, announced what he called the five most urgent problems across Pattaya, which were the never-ending road repairs, dilapidated footpaths, flooding issues, beach landscaping, and full, city-wide, legal, late-night reopening of all entertainment venues.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Residents and tourists had been complaining about these long-standing issues seemingly before the COVID-19 pandemic, and some recently questioned why the roadworks in some tourist destinations such as Walking Street suddenly resumed the moment border closures had eased and tourists started to return versus being handled in the past two years of no tourists and mandated entertainment business closures.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/05/26/pattaya-hotel-business-leader-urges-new-mayor-to-fix-never-ending-roadworks-and-more/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-05-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

and some recently questioned why the roadworks in some tourist destinations such as Walking Street suddenly resumed the moment border closures had eased and tourists started to return versus being handled in the past two years of no tourists and mandated entertainment business closures.

Ineptitude springs to mind.

But hopefully ballots can start to correct that as it has in Bangkok.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Anyone know why nothing is being done on the pavement leading from beach road up to big C ? Been back in the country 4 months, the pavement is all over the place, huge holes, missing tiles, etc, and I have not seen ONE person working on the path in that 4 months, just seems abandoned to its fate ! God help wheelchair or pushchair owners - family resort my backside !

That area is disgraceful. 

I feel so sorry for the businesses in the area. 

I mostly walk on the road down there. The footpath is very dangerous.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Ineptitude springs to mind.

But hopefully ballots can start to correct that as it has in Bangkok.

Could be there is more going on here than incompetence: Too many long delays. Are there groups of people that could benefit from said businesses going under ?

• Like 2

Walking Street is open, but in total disrepair my buddy thought it looked like Beirut with minimal workers.

And, what about that huge disaster of a hole with a lake exposed on 2nd road parallel to WS that diverts traffic I believe near Soi 17.  Take a look at it. unbelievable saw 2 people working on it yesterday looks like a couple of years to repair that mess.

Not sure if it is money or lack of workers, but there are certainly big issues throughout the entire city sadly, not a quality environment whatsoever. 

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

Honestly, does anyone think that these crooks give anything? The Siam Country Road was an open pit for many years which sent 90% of the business into closing/bankruptcy but I never heard a public outcry. 

Let the Thais handle their mess and if they are enjoying it, then leave it at that. Take your business elsewhere in such a case! 

Road has been dug up for many mths outside my branch of BB in Theprasit Road Pattaya. I cannot access the bank as there are no crossing places. I want to enter my new passport nos and in July will need to get my immigration certificate. Bank has no idea when works will be finished but are adamant that I must change my passport nos and get my letter from them and cannot do it at any other branch? Do you think Immigration will accept my excuse?

4 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Road has been dug up for many mths outside my branch of BB in Theprasit Road Pattaya. I cannot access the bank as there are no crossing places. I want to enter my new passport nos and in July will need to get my immigration certificate. Bank has no idea when works will be finished but are adamant that I must change my passport nos and get my letter from them and cannot do it at any other branch? Do you think Immigration will accept my excuse?

Try to do it at another branch... if you don't get it done it may block something you need to perform.. ie if lose your ATM card!

You can get bank letter at any branch.... I would try to get new PP details done at the 2nd Rd/ soi 6 head branch. 

Edited by jacko45k

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Anyone know why nothing is being done on the pavement leading from beach road up to big C ? Been back in the country 4 months, the pavement is all over the place, huge holes, missing tiles, etc, and I have not seen ONE person working on the path in that 4 months, just seems abandoned to its fate ! God help wheelchair or pushchair owners - family resort my backside !

Been back in the country 4 months an been finding fault and complaining  for all  four of  them -LOL

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Been back in the country 4 months an been finding fault and complaining  for all  four of  them -LOL

Well every where you look there is another/ongoing screw up. They have lost control here. This mess is not going to just disappear in time for the so called high season. I guess the Indians and the domestic pick up crowd are going to put up it. And all these businesses around these disaster zones must be going under too Looking pretty grim Jim

4 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Well every where you look there is another/ongoing screw up. They have lost control here. This mess is not going to just disappear in time for the so called high season. I guess the Indians and the domestic pick up crowd are going to put up it. And all these businesses around these disaster zones must be going under too Looking pretty grim Jim

Mate I come from broken Britain- I'm reading headlines about mass murder in texts- yes there are problems here bit to obsess about them is border line mental illness. The complainers have the luxury of choice of returning to their marvellous,  problem free COUNTRIES OF ORIGIN.

Where in England 

'Angry of Tonbridge  Wells'

is a figure of ridicule because WE ALL KNOW such complainers are impossible  to satisfy- they will ALWAY complain  about something  - its a personalality disorder- a neurotic  condition!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Mate I come from broken Britain- I'm reading headlines about mass murder in texts- yes there are problems here bit to obsess about them is border line mental illness. The complainers have the luxury of choice of returning to their marvellous,  problem free COUNTRIES OF ORIGIN.

Where in England 

'Angry of Tonbridge  Wells'

is a figure of ridicule because WE ALL KNOW such complainers are impossible  to satisfy- they will ALWAY complain  about something  - its a personalality disorder- a neurotic  condition!

In case you missed it the topic here is about the never ending sidewalk/roadworks. That are adversely affecting the local businesses. Myself and others have given examples of this - in accord with the topic. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 7:53 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

Mate I come from broken Britain- I'm reading headlines about mass murder

Mass murder over never ending roadworks, really?  Please post a link.

yes there are problems here

Yes, that's what the OP is about.

is a figure of ridicule because WE ALL KNOW such complainers are impossible  to satisfy-

Are they?  I would think basic infrastructure is not a big ask of government in a so called World Class Tourist Destination. 

• Like 1