What is the Correct Procedure to Cancel a True Visions (Cable TV) Subscription ?

allane

I have checked the pinned topic above, and this question does not seem to be included.

I spoke to True's Call Centre who told me I can not cancel over the phone, and should take my passport "to any True shop".

I just came from the nearest True shop, who told me to call the Call Centre.  When I dialed the call Centre and handed her my phone, she refused to speak to them.

I live in Isarn, but am moving to Bangkok 36 hrs. from now.  There may not be time to sort this out before then.  Can anyone advise me a way forward in Bangkok?  Is there a True office which seems competent ?  I will be living on the Thonburi side, but can travel if necessary.  I would prefer an office near an MRT or BTS station. Thank you.

I have to bring the set top box as well as my passport to the True shop when I cancel True Vision. I did that in a True shop inside a shopping mall in Bangkok. You should be able to do that in any True shop found in many shopping malls in Bangkok.

Edited by sanmyintmaung

• 2 months later...

Good luck.  It took me 6 months to cancel a True TV subscription and another 2 years to get back my deposit.  Ultimately, researched the email address for the big boss of True - all emails ignored.  Stated emailing the Chairman of CP.  Got a polite form response from an automated responder.  Started sending 2 emails a day, all polite, all slightly different, from multiple email addresses. all correctly identifying myself and my account number. 

No direct response, but did get an email from the customer service manager of True after 3 weeks with a notification that my refund was on its way. 

Sigh, the hassle over 2,000B.

• Thanks 1