Controversial luxury ‘Parliamentary club’ to be converted into office space

snoop1130

Blame those that are no longer around for the expenditures which your government then furnished and put into play.  You could have always voted to return the funds to the treasury, but no you went ahead and created it.  Tsk Tsk Tsk. 

But mom why did you change the living room into a morgue, why that's what your father wanted 25 years ago when he was going to become a mortician, but alas he died before he could see what he wanted come to life.....yet you still completed it WTH for.....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

House Speaker Chuan Leekpai has ordered all the recreational facilities in the controversial parliament club,

I wonder if he has the power to do that, or will he be submitting his resignation soon due to health issues?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

he suggested that those interested in the reason should question those who were in power at the time.

Usual, washing his hands... like Pontius Pilate ????

7 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Usual, washing his hands... like Pontius Pilate ????

And I doubt that Yingluck, who was PM when the contract was signed in 2013 would really have wanted a parliamentary shagging shop for the Thai male MP's had she had known in finite detail the plans for this building. And indeed in 2014 when the PM and his gun toting generals overthrew the democratically elected PM, he could easily have ensured the plans were changed 'cos after one year the internal fitting out had not even begun. No, I guess the PM himself was looking forward to a few short times away from the prying eyes of the press, and his wife.

• Like 1

How inconvenient. They'll have to continue to be driven to Thong Lor for a drink and a bunk up now.

I can just imagine the reaction to this news. "Offices? What do we need offices for?".

• Haha 1

Wow, what morons.  First they are so out of touch with people and reality that they not only build something extravagant like this they actually do a press tour to demonstrate for all to see their insensitivity.  Then they turn around, almost the next day, and delegate Chuan Leekpai (as nobody else will associate their name with this debacle) to tear it all down.  Clearly an indefensible project but at least try and explain to voters why the decision was made to build it.  No brains and no balls