Current Restrictions - May 2022

ed0z16k

Hi All

I am planning on going over to Thailand in early July. Just have a couple of questions about the situation over there at the moment 

Are all bars having to close at 12am ? Does this actually happen in areas like Pattaya ? 

I believe you are not allowed to be served Alcohol unless with a meal, is this still the case ?

Hotels - Are hotels still allowing "guests" or is it restricted to original booking ? 

Ive always liked to play alot of pool when i'm over there, Are we still allowed to do indoor sport such as pool and snooker without wearing a mask ? 

I know the law is the above, i just wanted to understand the actual reality of the current situation.

Many thanks 

Bars are open although currently re-titled as restaurants, but no food requires to be bought.  Most shut down around midnight but as anywhere, if you know the right places you can drink all night if you want to.

No change to hotel guest policies AFAIK, but book your room for two anyway as it shouldn't cost any more (no breakfast).

No idea about pool/snooker.

All this will likely change by July so keep reading the news between now and your trip.

6 hours ago, ed0z16k said:

Ive always liked to play alot of pool when i'm over there, Are we still allowed to do indoor sport such as pool and snooker without wearing a mask ? 

Yes, you can play pool inside with no masks, I play in the local pool league every week and we don't wear masks. The 5 main pool halls in the Sukhumvit Area are open, as well as the smaller bars. I was talking to one bar owner and starting in June, the bars and entertainment venues can reopen, most bars are already open.