Land Management Minister wants more trees in Siem Reap

geovalin

Land Minister Chea Sophara has advocated for more trees to be planted to help fight climate change and to reap the environmental benefits that trees offer. He proposed that the green effort starts with planting tree saplings in Siem Reap province’s pagodas.

“I will suggest to Siem Reap province’s Mohanikaya sect chief monk Venerable Chum Kimleng to implement this tree project and create tree gardens in all pagodas in Siem Reap.

“I will follow up on this plan by writing to seek permission from Prime Minister Hun Sen for pagodas to have tree gardens,” Sophara said during the inauguration of the Angkor Botanical Garden in Siem Reap recently. Sophara said green spaces provide, among many other benefits, tranquility, reduces stress, lowers pollution, gives off oxygen and provides food, protection and homes for birds and mammals.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501083019/land-management-minister-wants-more-trees-in-siem-reap/

38721.jpg.270f803002c0a06063389977e867adaf.jpg

Excellent advice. The more trees the better. They're good for the environment, absorb atmospheric pollution, and look beuatiful. I look forward to revisiting Siem Reap in the future, after Covid restriction have been lifted.