Laptop repair

DrPhibes

Have a higher end 17 inch Alienware laptop where the keyboard and cooling fans (very noisy over time, common problem) need to be replaced.  I have the replacement parts but after watching a couple of Youtube videos where experienced guys were taking 20 - 30min just to breakdown the machine to the level of replacing the items, I would like to defer this to a shop that repairs such as a normal course of business.  Any recommendations in CM?  Thanks in advance as always!

1 hour ago, matta said:

Another recommendation for Befixed , a friendly man very good and quick service

Does he look at the computer on the spot or do you have to leave it with him. What does he charge?

Thanks...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

Does he look at the computer on the spot or do you have to leave it with him

Depends on how busy he is at the time.

7 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

What does he charge?

For what?  

18 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

Does he look at the computer on the spot or do you have to leave it with him. What does he charge?

Thanks...

So changing out the fans and keyboard of a 2018 Dell Alienware 17 R4 laptop.  He will have to breakdown the unit to taking the motherboard out.  Gave him the parts, just too intricate of a deconstruction for my taste.  Will report back on how it goes and price.

Reporting back after picking up my laptop 24hrs after dropping off at Befixed, 2nd floor Mee Chock plaza. Fans and keyboard replaced for 500 baht (I provided the parts I brought back from the US).  I gave him 600 as I knew he had to spend a lot of time on this.  Very friendly guy who does good work, I definitely recommend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1