What's wrong with this message?

up2you2

Correct, I was staring at this during my meal, and something just didn't feel right.

Secondly those that had to produce this, did not offer to point out the fault, as to do so, to talk up, is against Thai law.

In fact this now is also the case in the West, I often ask if doing so would a criminal, capital or cardinal offence.

Instead everybody it seems are spending all day signing NDA's.

On 5/27/2022 at 5:35 PM, up2you2 said:

Correct, I was staring at this during my meal, and something just didn't feel right.

Secondly those that had to produce this, did not offer to point out the fault, as to do so, to talk up, is against Thai law.

In fact this now is also the case in the West, I often ask if doing so would a criminal, capital or cardinal offence.

Instead everybody it seems are spending all day signing NDA's.

Can you spot the mistakes in the OP? 1. Complex question fallacy 2. Gratuitous, naive, rather bigoted sociological "analysis." Perhaps the signs are merely an excuse to talk about what really doesn't feel right: Thai culture as you imagine it, and now Western culture.

Signs are OK and sufficiently understandable w/ appropriate colors dominant. Another design would possibly be better, but I can imagine better designs all day long for countless items around me. So?

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2022 at 1:00 PM, Kwasaki said:

White written on orange.

Orange written on white. 

It would be kinda hard to read if white was printed on white and orange printed on orange  duh

It is a Buddhist lesson.  The orange is not orange, it is white.  Just as the white is not white, it is orange.  Orange, white.  Not for us to say.  Both may become the other, thus they are the same. 

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

It was a joke.  Duh

Indeed.

If ya haven't noticed, some don't do humour here.

Even of the sleight-of-hand euphemistic or metaphorical twist. 

Completely lost.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

It was a joke.  Duh

I know. Same same, a tongue in cheek reply from me to a joke? response (to a post) by you. Lighten up and don't jump to conclusions.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Indeed.

If ya haven't noticed, some don't do humour here.

Even of the sleight-of-hand euphemistic or metaphorical twist. 

Completely lost.

Ha ha ha ha  so say's a man who failed to see the joke intent in my original reply.

Weird that one poster can be making a joke of a post yet anyone else making funny haha of the reply to the post is immediately accused of being a bad guy. Unreal. 

Indeed.....

If you haven't noticed, it appears a 'sleight of hand euphemistic or metaphorical twist' is missed by more people than you imagine.

• Sad 1

Waiting beside the road in our car for my wifes family to arrive.......i asked her what color car are they driving, a Gold color car was her reply ....... Minutes later they arrived in  Silver colored car.......apparently Thai's, or my Mrs   call  a Silver color Gold !!!

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2022 at 11:24 AM, Andre0720 said:

Just not the right country to start IQ tests.....

For farang tourists and expats? Very detrimental to tourism. But IQ tests, psychological profiles, police reports, anti-bigotry courses, Thai culture appreciation, and charm school should be required of farang before entering the country, obviously.

Any suggestion that AN posters be given IQ tests and achieve at least a score of 100 is probably forbidden somewhere in the forum rules, like mentions of ad blocking. Business is business.