Night Venues Warned to Follow Prevention Measures After Reopening

snoop1130

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

These venues include pubs, bars, karaoke bars, massage parlors, and other nightlife establishments. However, these business operators must strictly follow the Public Health Ministry’s Covid-free setting measures and close at midnight.

Rather a slow start one would assume, not many foreign tourists to share around.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darrenr said:

Hope the bars open back up in Koh Chang! Having said that not coming to Thailand if have to wear a mask walking the street , going into shops or sitting at an open air beer bar !

You might want to visit now whilst China still stops mass tourism 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

- snip -

Unless my mobile clock is wrong, or Bangkok joined a new time zone, I think agogos are already serving for hours past the official 12 midnight closing.

Right. This only works with bribes to the BIB. Ultimately, longer opening hours are not legal and bar owners risk their license. Such unworldly closing times only open the doors to blackmail, although the population wants to be able to celebrate unhindered.

• Like 2

What absolute drivel. 
I was out last night. Started in Soi 4 with a few bars before heading to a particularly well know venue on Soi 11. Arrived at about 11 to find a rammed venue with no social distancing, no masks and people literally elbow to elbow. If they were supposed to be 'strictly adhering to Covid-19 prevention measures' then I guess the message got lost in translation as there was zero covid measures in place.

Edited by johnnybangkok
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, cheapcanuck said:

Finally the Bar/Restaurant can finally loose the Restaurant and become a true Bar once again. No more drinks out of coffee mugs.

True bars never became restaurants anyway, other than in name (there's no food). Also there has been no need to drink out of coffee mugs in 2022, so you must be referring to last year 

How about we warn the government to ease up, and drop all restrictions, otherwise tourism will be destroyed forever. And how about we also warn them of the need for recreation, and the consequences of a society without it. 

And lastly, how about if we warn them to stop threatening us constantly.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Andycoops said:

What?

Just like the bars masquerading as restaurants are now, 555

It will business as usual, envelopes keeping the status quo moving along nicely.

My recent night out in Pattaya did not uncover any bars masquerading as restaurants..... a few take-outs were though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2022 at 8:06 AM, QPRFC said:

Check the expiry dates on those bottles!! 

No expiry dates on beer bottles in Thailand only fill dates. In any case its not an issue, bars have been open for months now.