iPhone 6 Plus needs new battery

NewGuy

51 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

Where should I get it? I’m in South Pattaya, near Tuk Com and a Baht bus to most places.

You are in the right place. Though one thing that I strongly advise, is that you make a point of showing the vendor that Touch ID is working before you give it to them to change the battery.

Chances are that it won't be working when they hand it back. Overconfidence in their abilities usually ends up in them detaching the sensor and breaking the link to Touch ID function. You can try the shops to the east of the Tukcom building.

Edited by Bruno123

I recently bought a new battery for my iPhone 4 (yes, prehistoric!!) from a shop at Tukcom. This was located on 1st floor  - up central escalator, turn left then left again and go past stairwell / lift area and is on your immediate right hand side. Cost was about Baht 600.

Also had an issue with the iPhone not fully firing up - the logo comes on but doesn't reach the passcode screen. Couldn't fix that issue there (or at the service store on ground floor). But found a good iPhone repair shop on SCC just before the railway road (right hand side) from Suk Road - IOS Restore Pattaya iPhone. Good reviews and solved my problem - needed a reset as memory full (recent change of passcode to 8 digits may have been cause).

https://m.facebook.com/iosRestoreiPhoneRepair/

So. maybe of use if Tukcom cannot assist with a new battery.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 12:19 PM, NewGuy said:

Thanks PPGuy. If Tuk Com can’t help, I’ll follow that map, Do you have the name or specific location of the 1st floor place?

I bought a really cheap battery from LAZADA and used TUKCOM to install it for me, after 2 months the battery was not very good, so my advice is try to get a newer iphone if you can, the cost of a real iphone battery is about 2,500 THB, so you may as well get a newer iphone like and SE 

My problem is solved. I chose to not go to Tuk Com 1st floor or east side because I doubted if I could find a qualified place. I called the IOS Restore Pattaya iPhone store, they charged 1,200 Baht 1 year warranty for a 6 Plus battery. I took Bolt to the store, had to pay 1,300 because it was actually a 6s plus model (6 years old too). The technician was really good, his English was excellent, and the work was done quickly. BTW, I was told by that Studio 7 place it would be at least 2,000.

Thanks again for all the positive comments and suggestions, especially to PPGuy whose advice was bang on.

• 1 month later...