extending visa for positive Covid test.

Can anyone tell me the procedure for getting a visa extension for a positive Covid test?

This is for a friend, who is staying in Pattaya at the moment.

I live in Samutprakarn and my company takes care of my visa, so I really have no clue on how he can obtain his visa.

My friend is due to fly out on Saturday (4th June), which is also the day that his visa expires.

He has just tested positive for Covid, so he needs to change his flight and extend his visa.

As he obviously cannot go to Immigration in person and he has no-one there who can (his G/F has also tested positive), he is panicking that he will be on overstay.

When he goes to the hospital, will they be able to help him with getting a visa, if so which hospital would be best for this?

Can anyone give me any pointers as to how he should proceed?

Thanks for any help on this matter.

A hospital could assist with getting a extension stay (visa are not extended) for medical treatment.

Most hospitals that have foreigner patients can assist with getting the extension.

What type of visa did enter with or did he enter visa exempt? If he qualifies for another type of extension it would easier to have somebody do it than the medical treatment extension.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

A hospital could assist with getting a extension stay (visa are not extended) for medical treatment.

Most hospitals that have foreigner patients can assist with getting the extension.

What type of visa did enter with or did he enter visa exempt? If he qualifies for another type of extension it would easier to have somebody do it than the medical treatment extension.

Hi Joe, I believe he came in on a 90 day and extended (through an agent) for another 90 days.

2 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Hi Joe, I believe he came in on a 90 day and extended (through an agent) for another 90 days.

The only visa that allows a 90 day stay is a non immigrant visa and there is no normal 90 day extension that can be applied for,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only visa that allows a 90 day stay is a non immigrant visa and there is no normal 90 day extension that can be applied for,

As mentioned above, I have no clue on the visas, as my company arranges mine.

I just called my friend and he informed me that the agent got him a 60 day covid visa or extension (?), which was activated when his non immigrant visa finished.