Travel with two cats from Bangkok to Udon Thani

I am relocating to Udon Thani with my family and two cats in July.

I am trying to figure out how to safely get us all from Bangkok to Udon Thani. Air would be my first option but I cannot find an airline that travels this route that will even take them as cargo!

It seems that any that did in the past have since suspended this service due to COVID.

We have looked at possibly using the train, however I have read mixed information online about wether pets are allowed to travel on the train. 

I have read that I can take my pet on the bus for short journeys but only if they travel in the luggage compartment, however this would be a long journey so maybe this isn't allowed?

If anyone has any helpful information or advice on how to make this journey it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

I would say train, and it is a direct line ,it will be 10-12 hour journey,they should be OK ,ask at the main  Bangkok railway  station .

I can remember a few years ago waiting at Lopburi station the train pulls in, the goods carriage  was open ,in side were some Cockerels in cages ,so in theory cats should be OK.