UK Car Hire Madness

To add to all the travel misery, anyone needing to rent a car in UK these days is in for a shock. Shortage of cars generally mean that rental prices are insane. 

I had to rent a car in Inverness when I was last back in April: £980 for 4 days from Sixt (the cheapest available) for a manual Skoda Octavia Estate or equivalent (ended up with a Kia of some sort that wasn't ready at the booked time, so spent an hour waiting ... but I digress).

Thought about renting from LHR on my next trip back later this month but, f#*k me, I only want to rent it, not buy it!

"BUDGET' (great name guys).

image.jpeg.d450bfc9820427371ceacab7ad66abd4.jpeg

Hertz ... pay at location prices add another 20% or so.

image.jpeg.8b4b5bbf4f8b3ba7559e6abb5b1ca296.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

To add to all the travel misery, anyone needing to rent a car in UK these days is in for a shock. Shortage of cars generally mean that rental prices are insane. 

I had to rent a car in Inverness when I was last back in April: £980 for 4 days from Sixt (the cheapest available) for a manual Skoda Octavia Estate or equivalent (ended up with a Kia of some sort that wasn't ready at the booked time, so spent an hour waiting ... but I digress).

Thought about renting from LHR on my next trip back later this month but, f#*k me, I only want to rent it, not buy it!

"BUDGET' (great name guys).

image.jpeg.d450bfc9820427371ceacab7ad66abd4.jpeg

Hertz ... pay at location prices add another 20% or so.

image.jpeg.8b4b5bbf4f8b3ba7559e6abb5b1ca296.jpeg

Nice try:

image.png.d70a3b0b2b19147ea33f15c670fbf5b3.png