One year extension in passport valid 8 months.

Hi, I have tried finding this in Visa section without success. very simply, my extension on retirement is due on 23rd. October this year. My passport expires 28th. June 2023. 

Will there be a problem with renewing the visa, or, as there is more than six months to go on my passport will they simply transfer the visa into my new passport next year. 

Thanks for any info,

• Like 1

similar effect on the 90-day report which shouldn't be affected by the date of one's

extension but mine was, I did my 90-day report in late April as required, on line and when 

I received the immigration form, it indicated that instead of 90 days I had to do the next

90-day report on the date of my extension in mid-June.  Since we can do it on line fairly

easy now, I'm not really concerned but...

• Like 2

If you are US citizen you can mail it to the embassy.  It took only 18 days from the day I mailed it to the embassy in Bangkok to when I received it back.   All the instructions and forms are on the embassy website.  If this helps.  You have to send two bank drafts.  One for the passport fee and another separate one for the postage from Bangkok to your destination.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Just to confirm the above, I have just been through this and the extensions expires the same time as the passport ends. It is not given for a year and transferred into the new one.

Yep. Just did mine last month in Huahin.

Officer seemed relieved that I already knew I'd only get 3 more months of my extention of stay because my PP expires in August. He expected an incredulous outburst of rage from me I suppose.

I'm getting PP renewed now, but will go through the whole process, including the 1900฿, again in August.

It's all part of the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Why didn't you renew your pp.

Seems this thread is often repeated.

Why don't folk organize new pp in advance

A desire to reset my extention time from May to August.

OK Dad?

6 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

A desire to reset my extention time from May to August

Understandable.

However most of the threads about this are not down to reset renewal date.

Most just overlook it. 

When I do my next extension in October, I will only have 1 empty page left in my Passport, although it expires in 2024.

As soon as I have the 1 year extension stamped in, I will renew my passport, especially as in the UK it's currently chaos and I know of 1 person who waited 5 months to get his new one back.