Sense to do 90 day report if just leaving the country?

Hi, just want to as a quick question about 90 day reporting. I don't even remember when I had to do one last (thought it always went automatically with the visa extensions) but last time the immigration gave me slip saying that I have to do a 90 day report on June 8. I am leaving the country on June 18, so I would like to know if there's any sense to do it? They don't ask proof of it at the airport right?

Thanks!

I tried online today and it says can't do because the report date is less than 7 days away. Also, it states that processing time is 7 days haha. That's ridiculous. I thought it had instant processing on TM47. Anyway, I am still going to the immigration to get my Covid extension validated after the 3 week processing period but I just can't find much sense queuing for the 90 day report if I don't really need it. 

I believe that there is a 'window' of 7 days either side when you can do 90day.  What is the fine for not doing one?

Personally, I would not risk not doing one, as there is scope for  I/O o make trouble at departure.  Might be something simple like overstay when you used to be simply take aside and had to pay the fine, or might be more involved now.

I guess it is your choice;  take the trouble to go to immigration and do 90 day, or do nothing and hope to get out easily.

Some memory tells me the fine is 2000 Baht.  What is  visit to Immigration worth to you?

21 minutes ago, Robin said:

I guess it is your choice;  take the trouble to go to immigration and do 90 day, or do nothing and hope to get out easily.

Some memory tells me the fine is 2000 Baht.

You are correct on the fine being 2000baht. That's about all.

He will have zero issue on exit at airport.

Immigration at airport not interested in 90 day status. 

46 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

I tried online today and it says can't do because the report date is less than 7 days away. Also, it states that processing time is 7 days haha. That's ridiculous. I thought it had instant processing on TM47. Anyway, I am still going to the immigration to get my Covid extension validated after the 3 week processing period but I just can't find much sense queuing for the 90 day report if I don't really need it. 

I did mine online this morning when my report was due on the 12th , so that is only 6 days. All went thro' ok.

Edited by Excel

12 hours ago, Excel said:

I did mine online this morning when my report was due on the 12th , so that is only 6 days. All went thro' ok.

You mean you got it done on the same day or? It says in the rules that applications for online reporting are processed within 7 days, which seems extremely odd. Well my application has been in the system since yesterday morning at the status says "pending". I think I'll just take a screenshot of this and show at the airport if someone asks, but yea like Jack said, that's not asked at departure. Lived here for 15 years and never been asked for a 90 day report at the airport. 

13 hours ago, Robin said:

I believe that there is a 'window' of 7 days either side when you can do 90day.  What is the fine for not doing one?

Personally, I would not risk not doing one, as there is scope for  I/O o make trouble at departure.  Might be something simple like overstay when you used to be simply take aside and had to pay the fine, or might be more involved now.

Some memory tells me the fine is 2000 Baht.  What is  visit to Immigration worth to you?

That 7 day window would run all the way to my departure date making it even more useless to do one. But as Jack said, never heard of a TM47 being asked at the airport. 

I would never take a half day off to go to the immigration for this or TM30 (for me it's a 1 hours drive away, so all together it's usually a 3-5 hour ordeal). As I mentioned above I will be going to the immigration anyway to get my covid extension stamped but I can't be bothered to line up for a 90 day report and prepare documents if it makes no sense. I think it really makes no sense in the case that someone is just exiting the country. Just wanted to make sure because I don't recall having this scenario in the past. 

1 hour ago, ChomDo said:

You mean you got it done on the same day or? It says in the rules that applications for online reporting are processed within 7 days, which seems extremely odd. Well my application has been in the system since yesterday morning at the status says "pending". I think I'll just take a screenshot of this and show at the airport if someone asks, but yea like Jack said, that's not asked at departure. Lived here for 15 years and never been asked for a 90 day report at the airport. 

Well yes it is the same day. In fact I just checked my last 4 online 90 day reports and the confirmation was returned to me within 2 -3 hours except one where I submitted it in the evening ( obviously after the office was closed) and I received confirmation 9:03 the following morning.  Now I assume the online reporting is a centralised system that diverts to my area for that office to respond, that being Udon Thani.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. My situation was actually quite fine for this time but also wanted to know for the future how these 90 day reports are handled and what should be done in the case that you're exiting the same time as the report is due.

As I have successfully submitted the report online, it should be fine in any case. I thought it was pending because something was wrong, but at least I have proof that I did it and got an email confirmation from the immigration (I mean confirmation that they've successfully received my 90 day report).