High value-low impact: Hua Hin’s tourism industry and the focus on quality, not quantity

webfact

High Quality tourists...blah...blah...blah!  Will they puh-leeze quit with this bs over and over and over.  Sheesh!

Edited by Jerno

Just now, kotsak said:

How many times have we heard this crapola?

It seems to be daily, not sure what's worse, the government depts who supposedly make these statements or the media who report it ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is aiming to reset its entire tourism industry by pivoting away from mass tourism to one which focuses on quality over quantity.

Translation : If we get half or less of  the tourists we madly predict we will reclassify them as high-spending tourists later in the year.

Come to the Nana area of Sukhumvit and I can give you a tour of places filled with guys whose looks will make you wish you'd never made a bad decision in your life. I hate to bad mouth my fellow westerners, but man, some of these guys look burned out and sketchy--and they are the ones providing a lot of Thais with the means to survive, so there.

• Haha 1

I am for that! Better up! Give all arrivals a survey, with 5 questions if they are a quality tourist. Must also provide copy of bank account with not smaller than 5 million euro or dollar.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

For Hua Hin, it is this new focus which will underpin the ambitious plans to develop the city, along with neighboring Cha Am, into Thailand’s premier destination for health and wellness.

????????????Leally