Have Multi O And Work Permit...

I am wondering what happens if I file for extention so I don't have to leave every 90 days. I assume that my 90 day stamp turns into 365 or something. Can I still come and go as I please or do I have to fill out papers every time I want to leave Thailand? I am confused if you couldn't tell. My Multi O is the type for family support..Thai wife, but no money deposited of income proof. I am now working and received a work permit and with that I can file for extention. I am jsut not sure whow that works, how long the extention is, and lastly am I free to travel about. Thanks for the info in advance.

Jon

after you get a one year extension of stay from thai immigration, it will be valid for one year from your last entry into thailand. if you then leave thailand, in order to keep this extension you will need a re entry permit from thai immigration before you leave, .

remember to report your local address every 90 days

As u mentioned you have a workpermit.According to new imm. rules for Non-O 1 year extension for supporting thai wife is to have at least minimum salary of 40,000 baht/month.If your salary is 40k/month,then u can file for an extension of stay up to 1 year.Normally the immigration will extend your visa for 1 month or less many times until it will finally stamp you for 1 year.In the meantime,while your application is still pending i.e. 1 month stamps,and u wanna travel out,you have to get a single re entry permit everytime u go out.

When you application for 1 year extension is finally approved,you can get a multiple re entry permit and travel as many times as you want.

Hope it helps u. :o

Thanks for allt he help! I went today and it was really painless. Got stamped for one year at 1900 bt. If I want to leave I must fill out the proper paperwork so as to not loose the extention. Not sure how to make it a multi entry.

Thanks for allt he help! I went today and it was really painless. Got stamped for one year at 1900 bt. If I want to leave I must fill out the proper paperwork so as to not loose the extention. Not sure how to make it a multi entry.

Go back to Immigration. As a regular traveller, you need to get a multiple entry re-entry permit each year and then you are clear in that regard. 3800 baht

Not sure how to make it a multi entry.

That is painless. Fill in the proper applicationform, there is a

reference for single or multiple. Tick multiple, pay the 3800 and

pick up your passport same or next day.