It is always worth talking to the manufacturer - To get a better price.

Just got an SMS from FedEx, box is on the way, delivery Wednesday.

So it looks like Seplos' covid related stock issues (at least for bare BMS') are sorted ???? 

No indication (yet) from FedEx of any duty to be paid.

I also have notice that the Aliexpress prices are more in line with retail prices for goods in Thailand which seems to be double what they are on Alibaba and Made-in-China. 

Buying direct from the manufacturer is generally possible but the "sample" price is somewhat higher than the 100 off price.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 2:24 PM, Crossy said:

I decided to get a Seplos BMS which is one of the few DIY ones that will talk to my Sofar inverter

Curiosity, being what it is, has me wondering why you want to change your BMS. Was the other one not working correctly?

4 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

Curiosity, being what it is, has me wondering why you want to change your BMS. Was the other one not working correctly?

The problem is with the Sofar inverters, there's a software issue that with no BMS comms they treat the pack as lead-acid (leading to a max charge of around 80% if you have LiFePO4) no matter what you actually set the parameters to. It's a known issue and Sofar are showing no interest in sorting it.

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yup, it was designed with mobile and other electrically noisy environments in mind, but it's finding its way into other areas of course.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus

Looking around CANbus things I notice Arduino have some suitable modules. Maybe there is a way to translate from CANbus to 485. Not much good though unless the origin source code is known.