200 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine drugs found hidden in mimic Moai head statues in Sri Racha

webfact

image.jpeg

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Sri Racha, Chonburi — Sri Racha police confiscated 200 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine drug hidden in mimic Moai head statues, allegedly involving a Taiwanese transnational drug trafficking organization.

A troop of law enforcement officers led by Pol. Gen. Roy Ingkapairote and Taiwanese police representatives raided a warehouse in the Bueng subdistrict, Sri Racha, Chonburi, at 3 p.m. yesterday, June 8th, after receiving a tip-off that a large transnational drug trafficking organization had recently transported a load of the illegal drugs into the warehouse.

According to reports, police discovered six massive replicas of famous Moai heads in the warehouse and cut them open following a tip-off that the drugs were hidden within them. Police then found crystal methamphetamine drugs weighing over 200 kilograms concealed within each Moai head and confiscated it as evidence.

Officer Roy revealed to the press that Sri Racha police received a tip-off that a large transnational drug trafficking organization led by a Taiwanese man identified as Pun and his Thai girlfriend Ju (both full names not provided) were attempting to smuggle narcotics out of Thailand to Taiwan.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/09/200-kilograms-of-crystal-methamphetamine-drugs-found-hidden-in-mimic-moai-head-statues-in-sri-racha/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-06-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 8:50 AM, Gottfrid said:

200 kilo! Yep, that will definitely hurt somebody up the chain. It will also make that person very angry, which travels down the chain and delivers hurt and pain among the foot soldiers.

Yep guess there are some very senior Generals in the Thai army going to be quizzed as they how they allowed that to happen, after all they are supposed to allow it to get in and then protect the RTP who distribute it, not  allow them to purposely find it. Unless that is there is a an internal mafia warfare going on with the main importers perhaps.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Yep guess there are some very senior Generals in the Thai army going to be quizzed as they how they allowed that to happen, after all they are supposed to allow it to get in and then protect the RTP who distribute it, not  allow them to purposely find it. Unless that is there is a an internal mafia warfare going on with the main importers perhaps.

Ok, thank you for letting us know, this is your chosen conspiracy day of the week.

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, thank you for letting us know, this is your chosen conspiracy day of the week.

Well of course no conspiracy theory if you have lived here as long as I have . But still carry on in your delusional dreamworld if the real world is too difficult for you to understand.

So they got the crystal meth , the most important part as they

receive a percentage of the value of the drugs, but seem to

know a lot about the smugglers , but failed to nab them.

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Well of course no conspiracy theory if you have lived here as long as I have . But still carry on in your delusional dreamworld if the real world is too difficult for you to understand.

First, you do not have the connections as a foreigner to collect such informational facts. Second, I have been living here long enough, to know that some of what you say are true, but most of the drugs are distributed other gangs as well as foreign gangs.

I have 15 years here, getting really involved in the system. If you have 40, does not make you know more. 

51 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

First, you do not have the connections as a foreigner to collect such informational facts. Second, I have been living here long enough, to know that some of what you say are true, but most of the drugs are distributed other gangs as well as foreign gangs.

I have 15 years here, getting really involved in the system. If you have 40, does not make you know more. 

Well clearly even I had lived here only one year I still know an awful lot more than you and if you think a foreigner can not determine facts perhaps your should advise all the other foreign correspondents here in Thailand that on whatever subject they are producing factual reports,  then in your small world it can only be a load of rubbish as they are only foreigners and hence they could never know the truth.  ????   

• Haha 1