First day of legal marijuana growing: Locals in Khon Kaen bring their plants out into the sun!

webfact

On 6/10/2022 at 12:52 PM, BritManToo said:

Those plants all look a bit thin and straggly.

I've seen local plants and  thought the same thing, even though they were in full sun. These plants are not the huge 'Christmas trees' I grew in Colorado, but the still had proportional size buds/kolas . Also, they are not mind-bending buds but they do a decent job. Wild guess is ~5% THC.

I'm suspect it's just a species native to Thailand.

It will be interesting to see what imported varieties show up in the next few months.

On 6/11/2022 at 2:45 AM, LarrySR said:

I suspect the primo stuff will be grown under lights indoors to control the day/night light ratio that triggers flowering.

At least that’s what a friend told me…????

True, I'm sure.

Back in the day before legalization in America one had to either plant later in the summer or prune the plants to keep height down in the vegetative stage before the shorter days came in autumn and they started flowering.

A fifteen to twenty foot tree tends to attract attention.

On 6/11/2022 at 2:45 AM, LarrySR said:

I suspect the primo stuff will be grown under lights indoors to control the day/night light ratio that triggers flowering.

At least that’s what a friend told me…????

My experience, once a plant is big enough it will flower no matter what the light conditions. 

6 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

Only autoflowers do that. All others stay in veg state until they start getting 12 hours daylight.

You're wrong.

I lost control of this Lemon Kush (planted in Feb), grew too large for my tent so I just left it sitting in front of the window to do what it liked. In May it flowered, and in July I harvested it.

Still in veg.

IMG_20200414_101745.jpg

Edited by BritManToo