Beware of Shopee. Scammers operating via the company!

Thorix

21 hours ago, G Rex said:

I have recently tried to purchase a camera from a seller on Lazada.  I bought a 70K camera - and was  sent a 200 baht watch. Lazada have been very helpful.  I applied for a refund. Lazada organised the courier return. The seller (unsurprisingly) did not accept the return. However Lazada has approved my refund, which will be returned to my cc within a few weeks.

I always check sellers feedback before making a purchase, I check their online store and will sometimes even message them before buying.  With the benefit of hindsight - I realised that all of the items in this sellers store were simply cut and pasted from legitimate stores. He had a handful of followers, and is unlikely to fess up that he is a scammer when I contacted him. Lol

Moral of the story - be careful out there.  Pay with cc for additional protection - or COD if available.

Lazada has your back though. ????

I would love to see all screenshots of all messages with all parties involved. I feel confident we can uncover this. We haven't got anything better to do. 

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How do you have access to Shopee's and Lazada's orders statistics? 

find your favourite seller on both platforms and compare the amount of orders when you order something again.

For example, I see that amount when I order another pack of Chinese tea.

Edited by fdsa
  • Haha 1

Wife had a problem with Shopee and so no more buying through them.

I just bought a new HP computer from a big big name company advertising on its web site that model at a good price.

I had a problem installing that new printer and realized that it had been sent to me by another company obviously subcontracted by the Big guy. No sign of a guaranty in the package.

All my future online orders will be strictly though Lazada. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone still waste their time with Shopee?

If I order something from Lazada, when ordering early morning, big chance that it get the delivered the very next day.

With Shopee, delivery is at the earliest 3 days, and the last 5 orders ALL have been later than the expected delivery date noted in the tracking details, some more than a week.

So I have now resorted to simply reject the delivery each time it is overdue.

Another pet peeve is that although they have an English option for their website, terms & conditions, FAQ and contact form are still in Thai only.

No wonder that the mother company SEA is in deep financial troubles.

Edited by peterfranks
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 5:03 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

How do you have access to Shopee's and Lazada's orders statistics? 

He probably doesn't but site hits do show a clear trend, shopee is  going up, lazada doesn't, dropping a bit even