What kind of land title is this?

My wife and I have looked at the picture you posted but unfortunately there is not enough information to see what type of land document it is. If you could post a bigger view showing more writing below that would confirm the type of land being offered. Also knowing the colour of the bird picture at the top of the document would help. It will be red, blue or white.

It basically says it is a history of the registration of the land.  The bottom line on your photo talks about property used for....  but the rest is cut off.

Does your document have sketch of the property on it?

My guess is it may be property given by the government to farm on.  I believe these can be passed on to family members.  But they are not really ownership documents.  The government can take the land back any time they want.  That said a lot of this type of property is sold illegally.

Land ownership documents have a garuda on it, red, black or green.

Edited by rwill

If it has red seal on it, only one (red) I'm familiar with, then it's a proper chanote, and can be transferred, to anyone, anytime.  I personally wouldn't invest in anything less.

Any thing less, and it may be restricted, for transferring (possibly family only) and restricted on use, farm use, may or may not allow structures, and I'm guessing on the structure part.

Red seal chanote is what you want for building your home on, or investing & selling, without waiting possibly years, for the proper chanote, then you can sell.

image.png.bbfaaf979c87bb0a86ec8be337ce847b.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

A decent explanation here:

https://www.samuiforsale.com/knowledge/thailand-land-title-deeds.html

In the Isaan countryside - there is a lot of land where the title is basically "squatters rights" and can be transferred to family members at the land office.

You can with the right amount of $$$ upgrade this land.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, digbeth said:

Looks like one of those 'community land title/deeds' issued by the Thessaban, so no Garuda bird on the title, usually it's supposed to be sold to family members or within the community it was issued to 

3 hours ago, digbeth said:

below it probably has aerial photograph with location of the land marker next to it too

I think it is a community deed given by the government. There is no Garuda/bird at the top and all it has is the name and address of the current owner and an ariel shot of the land.

Just wondering on how to transfer/change the name on the document.