With Russian forces set to enter Central America, how will the U.S. respond?

onthedarkside

Screenshot_4.jpg.05ee8d5d1ed020b7ba3e1dc77bf8f55c.jpg

Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega (r.), a long-time ally of Russia

A new agreement between Russia and Nicaragua to provide Russian troops for and in Nicaragua represents what Thomas Jefferson called a “fire bell in the night.” But while he was referring to the struggle over slavery, this agreement marks the first step in a series of converging and unprecedented threats to Latin American and U.S. security. 

The parties’ joint announcement of this accord, timed to coincide with the Summit of the Americas in Los Angeles, signifies a joint attempt to counter and disrupt that summit, whose aim was to strengthen democratic regimes throughout the Americas. Nicaragua, run by a deeply dictatorial regime, was excluded from this summit, and undoubtedly it and Russia sought to strike back.

But the importance of this agreement goes much further. It marks the first significant appearance of Russian forces in Central America, an appearance that promises to be important because it has the potential to serve as the basis for a more enduring Russian military presence in Nicaragua and beyond. 

(more)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/with-russian-forces-set-to-enter-central-america-how-will-the-us-respond/ar-AAYmrQw

1036315085_TheHill.jpg.5e9344723b4e6db545f5e514d77ea9ae.jpg

Also:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/nicaragua-authorises-deployment-of-russian-military-forces/ar-AAYib3U

I will distract them with a Big Mac since they shut the doors on the Russkie side

And then throw off the lead of their Maga cult by saying i have Kid Rock + Ted Nugent tixs

Then bombard them with chunky weapons aka My Pillows.......comes with a plastic Jesus....

This is a logical step for Putin. I am thinking of when Putin said NATO moving its nukes up near the Russian border - against some treaty or other -  was provocative and unacceptable(part of his 3 core demands to negotiate a solution before the Ukraine invasion) to which the liberals scoffed and said there is "no reason" for the Ukraine invasion other than that Putin is a madman. Now they will be forced to suck that up if/when Russia manages to station some cruise missiles in Central America pointing north. Biden and his woke military will have to say Gee this isn't so great and eat more crow.

Quite a clever move by Putin all round actually. 

footnotes

supporting evidence to back up my opinion above regarding nukes and provocativeness

"Mr. Putin sought “guarantees” that Ukraine would never join NATO, and he wanted NATO allies to pull all troops and nuclear weapons from former Soviet republics and nations that once belonged to the Warsaw Pact. He said in December that his demands must be addressed “right away, right now.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/26/us/politics/russia-demands-us-ukraine.html

19 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

This is a logical step for Putin. I am thinking of when Putin said NATO moving its nukes up near the Russian border - against some treaty or other -  was provocative and unacceptable(part of his 3 core demands to negotiate a solution before the Ukraine invasion) to which the liberals scoffed and said there is "no reason" for the Ukraine invasion other than that Putin is a madman. Now they will be forced to suck that up if/when Russia manages to station some cruise missiles in Central America pointing north. Biden and his woke military will have to say Gee this isn't so great and eat more crow.

Quite a clever move by Putin all round actually. 

footnotes

supporting evidence to back up my opinion above regarding nukes and provocativeness

"Mr. Putin sought “guarantees” that Ukraine would never join NATO, and he wanted NATO allies to pull all troops and nuclear weapons from former Soviet republics and nations that once belonged to the Warsaw Pact. He said in December that his demands must be addressed “right away, right now.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/26/us/politics/russia-demands-us-ukraine.html

This isn't about Ukraine.  In the Ukraine threads it has already been explained that Russia dictating who could and could not join NATO was a nonstarter.