Prince Charles told by U.K. leaders to stop meddling in politics amid immigration comment backlash

onthedarkside

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why would an Afghani in Kabul be talking to a Ukrainian about UK council house waiting lists?

That doesn’t make any sense at all.

He's digging perfectly fine as it is. Please don't give him another shovel. I might have to laugh.

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The Tories whole immigration policy is a shocker. Unless you're wealthy or have friends in high places, the formal UK immigration route is long, expensive and extremely discriminatory.

But that doesn't give people the right to just get a boat across and ignore all the visa application procedure 

Anyway, the EHCR haven't trampled on any of the UK's courts decisions. They simply advised that until the UK High Court's judicial review is completed, they government can't bend the rules and send anyone anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But that doesn't give people the right to just get a boat across and ignore all the visa application procedure 

Bad as the Tories immigration policy is, it still doesn't give the government the right to arbitrarily deport people just because the other options are too hard either.

This is not a solution.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Bad as the Tories immigration policy is, it still doesn't give the government the right to arbitrarily deport people just because the other options are too hard either.

This is not a solution.

Governments do have the right to deport people who enter a Country illegally . You cannot just go to a Country without a Visa and decide to stay and live there forever , 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Governments do have the right to deport people who enter a Country illegally . You cannot just go to a Country without a Visa and decide to stay and live there forever , 

They can only do so in compliance with the law.

Government are not above the law.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Government enact an ill conceived failing policy.

It’s the Government’s fault. 

Yes, its the Governments fault .

Like that time I got arrested for being drunk & disorderly , its was the pubs fault for selling me the beer and the polices fault for arresting  me .

Not my fault at all........................nothing to do with me 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, its the Governments fault .

Like that time I got arrested for being drunk & disorderly , its was the pubs fault for selling me the beer and the polices fault for arresting  me .

Not my fault at all........................nothing to do with me 

I don’t think your arrest record is the subject of discussion.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Under international law, governments cannot arbitrarily deport refugees until their status is determined.

https://www.unhcr.org/uk/4bf6813a9.pdf

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2022/02/12/refugees-cant-be-deported-to-home-country-says-unhcr/

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/leiden-journal-of-international-law/article/is-there-any-blood-on-my-hands-deportation-as-a-crime-of-international-law/27AA9A31864D791D0B36F74F6E14948B

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Have we got to the bit where supporters of this ‘appalling’ policy are baying in support of the Government stripping them of the protections they themselves enjoy from the ECHR?

We don’t do baying or outrage and leave that for Lib/Lab/Rejoiners. They usually have time for that while we’re at work. 

We also don’t find the policy appalling, on the contrary rather appealing. That’s why Boris got his landslide victory. 

Nobody here enjoys protection from ECHR. We don’t need any because UK is not the type of country it was set up to protect against. Our Magna Carta has worked for our rights for 800 years. The ECHR and ‘uman rites has only worked for those who come here to abuse them and our country. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Under international law, governments cannot arbitrarily deport refugees until their status is determined

They are not refugees, they are sponging bogus asylum seekers. Their status is law breaker as soon as they arrive illegally by dinghy or the back of a wagon. So jail and deportation. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Loiner said:

They are not refugees, they are sponging bogus asylum seekers. Their status is law breaker as soon as they arrive illegally by dinghy or the back of a wagon. So jail and deportation. 

If they claim refugee status, the claim has to be assessed under international law. it can be rejected but it must be considered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Loiner said:

We don’t do baying or outrage and leave that for Lib/Lab/Rejoiners. They usually have time for that while we’re at work. 

We also don’t find the policy appalling, on the contrary rather appealing. That’s why Boris got his landslide victory. 

Nobody here enjoys protection from ECHR. We don’t need any because UK is not the type of country it was set up to protect against. Our Magna Carta has worked for our rights for 800 years. The ECHR and ‘uman rites has only worked for those who come here to abuse them and our country. 

You’ve read ‘magna carta’ haven’t you?

Do remember the bit about forbidding banishment overseas?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2022 at 2:40 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

They would likely be less happy ending up in an immigration detention centre in Thailand with 50 others in the same, squalid cell, which is what usually happens if you try to come into or are caught in Thailand illegally. 

But then again no-one is coming to Thailand to leech off the taxpayer and the state, those economic migrants that do come usually work for minimum wage. 

And as I stated earlier, arrive in Thailand illegally on a boat, and the Navy may just tow you back out to sea and leave you. 

But none of them will get sent to Rwanda or anywhere else that isn't their home country.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Have we got to the bit where supporters of this ‘appalling’ policy are baying in support of the Government stripping them of the protections they themselves enjoy from the ECHR?

What are those "protections" that I enjoy from the ECHR ?

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I just did.

Specific things, rather than general blanket things .

What are the the specific human rights that the ECHR are protecting for me and what is likely to happen if the UK leaves the ECHR ?

(Answers : None and Nothing )

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Specific things, rather than general blanket things .

What are the the specific human rights that the ECHR are protecting for me and what is likely to happen if the UK leaves the ECHR ?

(Answers : None and Nothing )

The Government may not infringe your human rights.

• Thanks 1