Tourist Numbers Expected to More Than Triple in 2023

webfact

If the economy in such good shape why is it reported BOT has negotiated a large loan from Japan. The sooner Thailand Pass cancelled it should become more clear how many tourists will be attracted to Thailand but do not expect anything like prepandemic levels.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dialemco said:

If the economy in such good shape why is it reported BOT has negotiated a large loan from Japan. The sooner Thailand Pass cancelled it should become more clear how many tourists will be attracted to Thailand but do not expect anything like prepandemic levels.

It is pretty much interest free.... an offer that could not be refused.

Anyhow, Thailand debt is 230 billion USD, while USA is 30 trillion, and UK £2,206.5 billion (2,700 billion USD). They can afford to borrow a bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had to Google "BOT Thailand" to find out what it meant!

I have seen TAT mentioned so many times in these "Thailand expects......" headlines that other agencies have taken a back seat as far as public statements are concerned, but I would be more inclined to believe BOT's figures than TAT's!

(P.S. "BOT" = "Bank of Thailand" for anybody who was similarly confused!)

i hope for tourism. it is a way the country makes money and they need less from me. i only wish they would set rules that encourages tourism. Bars should be able to be open until 2am. In fact, in big tourist area around the world, bars are open 24 hours. give the bars freedom when they have many customers who are having fun at 2am. it does not hurt anyone. The bar is making money. the employees are making money but most imporant the tiurist is having a good time. Why stop it? Remember, and never forget it, tourist have options. Tourist also communicate a lot. One big mistake and it will cost maybe 100s of tourist. 

Wife and I are finally able to come back for a month soon.  Generally what is open meets our needs and it is nice that things are not crazy crowded. Anything better than 34B/USD makes it reasonably affordable at a time where all prices have gone nuts.

While Thailand could do a better job of making it accessible, this is really just how the change happens.  It's a process...

Well it is one thing that the lack of tourists for over 2 year has done, and that is let the seas and

beaches recover a bit.  We better all enjoy the new freshness while it exists. If the tourist return, so

does more garbage.