Man kicks woman after she attacks his mum - but there's a back story

webfact

image.jpeg

Sanook Thai Caption: She should get some treatment

Sanook went to a motorcycle repair shop in Soi Bang Duan, Samut Prakan, after a video was posted on Facebook that showed a woman in red tampering with a car, hit another woman in the face before being kicked herself with a flying kick by the woman's son. 

The 16 second video that can be viewed HERE was posted under the name Sasithon Jaising.

At the shop the man who did the kick, Thanaphon Songern, 23, explained what had led up to his actions. 

He said that he was taking a car to the service center after it had been involved in a collision. But when he opened the gate the woman in red was blocking his way and refused to let him pass. 

image.jpeg

Picture: Sanook

She was muttering something incoherent along the lines of not letting him take her father's car away.

He said he spoke to her politely but when she didn't move he went back in the house leaving the engine running to wait a moment for her to get out of the way.

The woman then went up to the car window and hit the wing mirror and turned off the ignition.

His mother came out and the woman hit her in the face smashing her glasses. Then came the kick in the woman's back.

image.jpeg

Picture: Sanook

Thanaphon explained that the woman was a problem in the area clearly suffering from some mental issues.

She often says weird things and needs treatment.

Sometimes she throws stones and spits at people. The police have taken her in before to calm down and she has been in for treatment two or three times but continues in her erratic ways.

He called on the authorities to do something about her. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-06-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

image.jpeg
Picture:: Sanook
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thanaphon explained that the woman was a problem in the area clearly suffering from some mental issues.

She often says weird things and needs treatment.

...such as a kick in the back?

While we're in 2022 and people are identifying as this and that and want equality, it could  be considered by some as 'less bad than it was before' to strike a female. And that's partly the mindset I had before watching the video...

But oh my lord what an over-reacting little Somchai! The 'weird woman' hardly damaged the car and she didn't really strike his mum hard or with 'violent intent' or more than once.

This little pr*ck obviously has some issues himself, if he can't handle his emotions.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Only one was, very clearly, tampering with the car and punching the other in her face.

I have to admit that at first the mother (in orange/red????????) was my first suspect, as it's not clear at that stage of the video.

Are you being a bit harsh on @toofarnorth?

6 minutes ago, 2long said:

I have to admit that at first the mother (in orange/red????????) was my first suspect, as it's not clear at that stage of the video.

Are you being a bit harsh on @toofarnorth?

I wasn't being harsh, I was making an observation based on a surprising claim that it took three views of perfectly clear CCTV before he was able to work out who was doing the tampering and attacking.   

• Haha 1

Unfortunately Thailand and some other overseas countries do not recognize proper treatment for mental health issues.  
So she will continue to hassle people.  And people will probably just continue to assault her.  Or maybe one day something even worse

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swm59nj said:

Unfortunately Thailand and some other overseas countries do not recognize proper treatment for mental health issues.  
So she will continue to hassle people.  And people will probably just continue to assault her.  Or maybe one day something even worse

That's not quite true as Thailand has a number of psychiatric hospital facilities.

15 hours ago, 2long said:

While we're in 2022 and people are identifying as this and that and want equality, it could  be considered by some as 'less bad than it was before' to strike a female. And that's partly the mindset I had before watching the video...

But oh my lord what an over-reacting little Somchai! The 'weird woman' hardly damaged the car and she didn't really strike his mum hard or with 'violent intent' or more than once.

This little pr*ck obviously has some issues himself, if he can't handle his emotions.

Over reaction? The women in shorts was doing something to the car. The mom came over to look and was sucker punched. The son came to defend his mom. Given the woman in shorts mental history I don’t think it was that much of an over reaction.

• Like 1