Bangkok set to be smoke free!....Yes, that's CIGARETTE smoke

webfact

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Electric cars and motorbikes? So we can burn more oil and gas to make electricity? While we waiting for better solutions. 

More park space and sidewalks that people can walk unimpededly on would be nice.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

For alot of us, cannabis is infinitely less obnoxious smelling, and much less filthy than the smell of tobacco, which is horrendous. I have no issues with putting restrictions on tobacco. For as long as I can remember, cigarette smokers have been abusing my rights to consume decent quality oxygen. 

Mike, you're wrong. I've been smoking both for a long time. I stopped cannabis, when i moved to Thailand - legal reasons. Whilst a decent outdoor ganja or hash from Kerala, Kashmir, Afghanistan, Morocco, Lebanon  and so on have a quiet decent smell,  the new generation high power indoor plants with 20 - 30% THC-content smell very, very strong - at least for the non smokers (ask my wife, she will tell you some horrible stories..).

Just because they're not making good progress with air pollution, doesn't mean they should stop all other forms of progress and wait.

Smoking is one of the greatest evils in history, killing somewhere around 7 million people per year, and causing illness in many times that number. At the same time, I think people should have the right to smoke, if they want to.

Outlaw it in all public places, and give smokers designated areas in which to smoke. They did this in Washington state years ago and it was a tremendous improvement. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

Do you know that some people are allergic to cigar smoke? That means it cause these symptoms below (I can't link the website because I am not sure whether it is allowed)

The irritating chemicals in cigarettes and cigarette smoke cause symptoms similar to allergic rhinitis like coughing, congestion, wheezing, runny nose and headaches

Of course. But there are many allergies. There are people who can die on eating a peanut or eating shellfish. People dying on 2 stings of a wasp. Kids can get hyper on candy. So many things. So you avoid it. It's been 20 years ago, i saw someone smoking cigar, my father. Now  never see , unless it is in the movies like with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone or a Will Smith. So these movies should also be forbidden, as the movie stars gives in this way a negative impact. 

We are tough and we smoke a cigar, children will think. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Unify said:

Just because they're not making good progress with air pollution, doesn't mean they should stop all other forms of progress and wait.

Smoking is one of the greatest evils in history, killing somewhere around 7 million people per year, and causing illness in many times that number. At the same time, I think people should have the right to smoke, if they want to.

Outlaw it in all public places, and give smokers designated areas in which to smoke. They did this in Washington state years ago and it was a tremendous improvement. 

We had a time where there were such spaces for smoking, at bars and so on.

So what did the people do who werent smoking?

They go and stand with the smokers for interaction. ????

If you ignore the air pollution, you have people 3 months or more sitting in the house feeling miserabel or even in hospital and maybe dying.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Didn't swampy have smoking rooms at one time or am I thinking of South Koreas Incheon airport.... 

Yes Swampy had smoking rooms and areas. DM had an outdoor bar area where you could smoke as well.

Singapore probably still has.

Edited by overherebc
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Didn't swampy have smoking rooms at one time or am I thinking of South Koreas Incheon airport.... 

I have this thought that even after they closed the smoking rooms in Swampy there was an outdoor area that allowed smoking but it cost about 1000 baht to get into it. 

Anyone else remember it? May have had something to do with business or first class, I'm not really sure.

Edited by overherebc