"Ships from overseas"

Eff1n2ret

It is the price that surprises me.

They ship from factory(or wholesaler) in China to my door in Thailand  for 38 Baht.

I think that we have to thank the Chinese government for this.

About 12 months i bought 4 -off remote transmitters direct from the factory in China (Lazada had stopped supplying ). Each remote was priced at $4 . Post  -$14

I still had to wait.

I prefer  the 38 Baht.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Your parcel is currently undergoing Export Customs Clearance in China which usually takes 5-7 business days, awaiting departure to Thailand."

That is a bog standard message which I have received many times for different purchases. The goods normally clear a little quicker than that. Not really a problem as they state approximate delivery dates which are longer than actual delivery days. 

3 minutes ago, worrab said:

That is a bog standard message which I have received many times for different purchases. The goods normally clear a little quicker than that. Not really a problem as they state approximate delivery dates which are longer than actual delivery days. 

I can understand rigorous customs controls on imports to a country, but what on earth the point is of holding up for more than a week basic consumer goods going out of a country is beyond me. It's not an encouragement to trade with China, either for retail consumers like me or for wholesalers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I can understand rigorous customs controls on imports to a country, but what on earth the point is of holding up for more than a week basic consumer goods going out of a country is beyond me. It's not an encouragement to trade with China, either for retail consumers like me or for wholesalers.

Guess the Chinese customs people don't give a damn about you considering the billions of products that they export each year

8 hours ago, phetphet said:

Bear in mind the Chinese are forcing many citizens into lockdown due to Covid. This may impact the logistic services the same as we are seeing worldwide.

Quite apart from the literally millions of containers clogging up their ports ...

It's just another supply chain issue, except here it's the end customer (OP) waiting for the supply.

8 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

If you're ordering anything of value through AliExpress, always ask the supplier to ship it without duty or tax on arrival.  There is a specific system for doing this, it can take a little longer.

Ask for "Thailand special line", it's a system whereby many smaller shipments are cleared together under the Thai-Chinese FTA.

It does seem to work, I've had dutyable items arrive with no duty or VAT to pay ???? 

Of course YMMV :whistling:

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 12:33 PM, Eff1n2ret said:

Normally I've stopped buying from Lazada unless they have it in Thailand.

You'll find that a lot of goods are produced in China and shipped from there, as clearly stated.

If you can't suffer the extra days waiting time, too bad for Lazada they will probably go bankrupt without your business but it's their fault.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Crossy said:

Ask for "Thailand special line", it's a system whereby many smaller shipments are cleared together under the Thai-Chinese FTA.

It does seem to work, I've had dutyable items arrive with no duty or VAT to pay ???? 

Of course YMMV :whistling:

I had 28.8 KWhrs of LiFePo4 batteries and 3 of Must Hybrid 5.5Kw Inverters delivered this way, and just last week an EV car charger. The savings can be massive, up to 50%.

I think this must be how Lazada also deliver duty free from China.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

I think this must be how Lazada also deliver duty free from China.

Yeah, I think you are right on this. I've had a number of "Ships from Overseas" items (notably tool batteries) arrive with a Bangkok dispatch address on the delivery label.