Visa transfer to second passport, not a new one

I have two valid British passports which was allowed because of my previous work and visa requirements.

At the moment I have a retirement visa, valid until December 2022. Unfortunately, the passport (A) it is in expires in August 2022. Is it possible to transfer this visa into my second passport (B) which is not new and does expire in December 2025.

Also would I need to get a letter from the the embassy, as if it were a new passport, to take to immigration?

Some might suggest, just renew the expiring passport, but this is now a very troublesome path to take, with the UK authorities frowning on the ownership of two UK passports and it is a road I would dread to go down, remembering my last experience.

I would sure appreciate hearing from anyone that knows of a possible solution to this dilemma.

Thanks.

Not sure immigration will do a stamp transfer to a new passport that has been used already for entry to another country or has not been issued recently.

You could ask you local immigration office about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure immigration will do a stamp transfer to a new passport that has been used already for entry to another country or has not been issued recently.

You could ask you local immigration office about it.

Thanks

12 hours ago, kidneyw said:

Thanks

Just be aware, though, that, even if your local immigration office were to permit a stamps transfer from passport A to passport B, HMPO, in their infinite "wisdom" will still require a sight of Passport B when you renew Passport A. Further info in the other ongoing thread on here about dual British passports.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/18/2022 at 7:25 AM, kidneyw said:

but this is now a very troublesome path to take, with the UK authorities frowning on the ownership of two UK passports and it is a road I would dread to go down, remembering my last experience.

I would be interested to know more about this? Never heard of so called 'frowning'? I have two UK pp, and it's been 5 years now but no frowns back when I got them both in Bangkok.

14 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

I would be interested to know more about this? Never heard of so called 'frowning'? I have two UK pp, and it's been 5 years now but no frowns back when I got them both in Bangkok.

It was seven years ago. Submitted my passport at Trendy, then a week later I received a letter from the UK authorities. This letter came via DHL (why I have no idea), saying why was I requesting a second passport. I was not requesting a second passport, but renewing my second passport, I have had two since 1995 and had never been a problem.

I tried to contact the lady whose name was on the letter, by calling her department, but I ended up calling other departments as I was given the run around and was informed that she did not want to talk to me (I had not communicated with her yet) One person I spoke to said the boss lady did not want to renew as I would need a couple of letters from my employer explaining why I needed two passports and what work did I do. Also at the time I was not working. They also said I should give up one of my passports. This went on for several weeks and after ten weeks my new passport arrived at Trendy. I swore then, never again.

23 hours ago, kidneyw said:

I was not requesting a second passport, but renewing my second passport,

OK so I think nothing has changed, unless someone can enlighten us more recent? Your experience matches mine.

Basically if you have two UK passports or applying for second you always need a support letter until you go back to owning one passport. I recall the application form said as much.