Non-O Runaround

31 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

After reading these stories I think I will need an agent too. I used O-A visas from USA for 14 years but I followed advice here and am coming on tourist visa July 4 with intent to get Non-O in Bangkok- money is already there.

I am flying over from USA on SWISS for 7 months and I know they will want to see onward travel so I booked trip to Phnom Penh in late August but now I am wondering if I am allowed to travel outside Thailand during the 90 days before I get the extension. 

A onward ticket is not required if you are entering on valid tourist visa issued by a embassy or consulate. The embassy or consulates are the only ones that that as for ticket out of Thailand,

After the  non-o visa is approved and stamped you can apply for a single re-entry permit that would keep the remainder of the 90 days stay you will get valid when entering the country.

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am flying over from USA on SWISS for 7 months and I know they will want to see onward travel so I booked trip to Phnom Penh in late August

I

So to be clear you are flying with tourist visa and intend to obtain non O at Thai immigration.

If you need to exit Thailand and reenter during the 90 days from the non O you can purchase a single reentry permit.

That can be done at airport upon departure. 

Edited by DrJack54

40 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So to be clear you are flying with tourist visa and intend to obtain non O at Thai immigration.

You made a error when you did your quote. You have to go back to the original post when quoting.

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You made a error when you did your quote. You have to go back to the original post when quoting.

It appears the guy only booked trip to Phnom Penh as he thought an onward flight was required.

Perhaps he intends to arrive with tourist visa and apply for non O and subsequent extension. 

No need to exit Thailand.

Of course he could obtain his non O in PP if he wanted. 

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It appears the guy only booked trip to Phnom Penh as he thought an onward flight was required.

Perhaps he intends to arrive with tourist visa and apply for non O and subsequent extension. 

No need to exit Thailand.

Of course he could obtain his non O in PP if he wanted.

I did not say your post was wrong. Just that you quoted me instead of the person that did the post.

I understood that he had the flight out of the county and was replying to that.

Apparently he wants to leave the country during the 90 days from the non-o visa.

• Like 1