What would actually happen if entering Thailand prior e-visa approval?

I think the question says it all. The question is of course meant for those who enjoy visa exempt entries anyways.

So what would happen if for example you see a cheap last minute, jump into the plane prior you got confirmation for your e-visa? Would it get void if you attemt to use it on a later entry from a neighboring country.?

Nothing as you would be entering on a visa exempt stamp with 30 days on it.

You'd still have the e-visa available but I'm not aware that theirs a link in their system until you show them the actual evisa at arrival and they scan and verify which e-visa you were issued  

Interesting question as you may be able to enter visa exempt, stay 30 days, leave and come right back on the evisa, depending on the expiration of use date. 

I'm sure someone better knowledgeable will correct me if I'm wrong

Is it hijacking the thread to ask why get an E-visa if the old visa on arrival scheme is still valid for the usual approved nationalities?

Never heard of E visa, was it created as part of the Thailand Pass fiasco?

8 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Is it hijacking the thread to ask why get an E-visa if the old visa on arrival scheme is still valid for the usual approved nationalities?

A 15 day visa on arrival is still available for the 18 countries  that qualify for it. A 30 day visa exempt entry is also available for the those that qualify for it.

8 hours ago, chalawaan said:

It is has been used at some embassies since 2019 long before covid 19 started.

10 hours ago, chalawaan said:

A visa you apply for in advance (typically a 60-day tourist visa or 90-day Non Immigrant visa) allows a longer stay than a visa on arrival (15 days, non extendable) or even visa exempt (30 days for most eligible nationalities and extendable). Whether it is worthwhile getting a visa in advance depends on the nature of your visit to Thailand.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Well to answer the question, mostly to avoid too much screening by immigration, or running into one who stepped out with the wrong foot first.

Even if it's technically possible to spend full time on visa extension runs and the 30 day extensions.

Edited by jethro69

11 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Confused, do you need a e-visa now for thailand ?

No 

The e visa website is use to apply for a visa at some embassies and official consulates. After it is approved you get a stickerless visa by email.