Cannabis Drink in Tesco - Safe for me to drink?

I saw a cannabis drink in Tesco Lotus. Surely it can't have the active ingredient that real ganja has. 

I am 'in recovery' so have to be careful what I take.

Can anyone explain the different strengths, and active ingredients. I'm not looking to get high ????  but might be helpful for sleeping. 

If you are in recovery for drug or alcohol issues you should be asking a medical professional that question.  A common person cannot advise you if a specific ingredient will effect your recovery. 

• Like 1

I'M NOT A DOC ...

But if legally produced, .2% is doubtful to affect much IMHO.  THC is now physically addicting, AFAIK, and from experience of smoking a whole sh!tload, and going cold turkey a few times.  Never a physical issue, quite the opposite, and felt good.   Socially addicting, yea.

Why not source natural foods that help cause drowsiness:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/9-foods-to-help-you-sleep

https://www.sleepassociation.org/about-sleep/top-10-foods-help-sleep/

Repeat food wise, but some other tips:

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/nutrition/food-and-drink-promote-good-nights-sleep

What to, but just as important, what NOT TO eat, indulge in:

https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/ss/slideshow-sleep-foods

33 minutes ago, wasabi said:

I occasionally consumed various cannabis products in California where it is legal. I enjoyed it but it is not a key part of my life so I can take or leave it. Given this there is no way I will intentionally consume any cannabis in Thailand until it leaves the wild west phase it is in right now (if that ever happens) It is not clear how the product is grown. It is not clear how much THC is in the product (if any) it is not clear if it is cannabis at all. Furthermore I'm sure an entire cottage industry is being worked up with the police where they randomly fine Farangs for breaking whatever obscure facet of the law they decide they want to enforce on any given day when they need to top up the Baht. 

I do respect that Thailand is trying to set a trend by semi legalizing Cannabis but I am very doubtful the horticulture or legal structure is in place to support it any time soon.

Well then you'd be wrong.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wasabi said:

I do respect that Thailand is trying to set a trend by semi legalizing Cannabis but I am very doubtful the horticulture or legal structure is in place to support it any time soon.

A bunch of dinosaurs enacted a law that is simply idiotic. The government will get no tax at all from the legalization. Its simply a joke. They managed to create total anarchy with regards to this. As Will B Good said, "can you imagine these guys are in control of a national budget and have been for the last 8 years. 

Edited by marin

3 hours ago, swm59nj said:

If you are in recovery for drug or alcohol issues you should be asking a medical professional that question.  A common person cannot advise you if a specific ingredient will effect your recovery. 

Are you in Thailand? Doctors here haven't a clue, one told me Rivitrol was safe to take and non addictive.

Can someone post the ingredients list of this Tesco drink?

If it has anything derived from cannibis, my guess is that it would be CBDs and not THC.

CBDs are not psycho-reactive like THCs, although claims are being made that CBDs can alleviate anything from depression, anxiety to pain.

I have tried CBD infused products and I remain sceptical.

14 hours ago, marin said:

A bunch of dinosaurs enacted a law that is simply idiotic. The government will get no tax at all from the legalization. Its simply a joke. They managed to create total anarchy with regards to this. As Will B Good said, "can you imagine these guys are in control of a national budget and have been for the last 8 years. 

Being serious, do they tax bananas and pineapples in the way you had hoped marijuana should be taxed?

59 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

Being serious, do they tax bananas and pineapples in the way you had hoped marijuana should be taxed?

Every state in America that has legalized weed is making money from taxes hand over foot. It is now funding: Police, Libraries, Roadworks, Schools and more. Here it is going straight into the hands of the growers and middlemen which is fine for them. But a great opportunity to raise the standards of Thai's has been lost. Simply look  at the demand for it. 

Think about it. 

2 hours ago, marin said:

Every state in America that has legalized weed is making money from taxes hand over foot. It is now funding: Police, Libraries, Roadworks, Schools and more. Here it is going straight into the hands of the growers and middlemen which is fine for them. But a great opportunity to raise the standards of Thai's has been lost. Simply look  at the demand for it. 

Think about it. 

I can't compare the US and Thailand in any way really. The US taxes everything and still have the world's greatest debt so I wouldn't jump to follow their model.  Banks are still refusing to deal with growers and supplies because of the federal pressure too so that is raising new problems of its own.  Taxing farmers out of existence in Thailand would probably not be the best thing for them.  Income tax exists in Thailand. I don't see the difference between what the products are. It requires thought but at the end of the day any taxes generated would be sucked up by corruption anyway. Their not building schools and roads and funding libraries and police here at least not before filling their pockets.  

1 hour ago, LikeItHot said:

Taxing farmers out of existence in Thailand would probably not be the best thing for them. 

Enough you simply dont understand it. The farmers are not taxed leave it at that.