TTB All Free VISA Debit Card

I have had a savings account with TTB (formerly TMB) for many years and I have a personalized VISA debit card for the account that works in ATMs.  I also have the TTB Touch app on my phone that I can use to pay bills by scanning a bar code or QR code.  I can also access TTB online banking with no issues.

What I seem to be unable to do is to use the debit card for internet transactions - e.g. purchasing an airline ticket.  Apparently, the card is not activated for this and I can't find a way to activate it, either by using the TTB online banking portal or with the TTB Touch app.  My local TTB branch tells me that it is not possible to use the card online but this is surely not correct.  It's a VISA card so what is the problem!

Anyone had a similar problem?  What's the solution, if any?

Used my TMB VISA card to buy cannabis seeds online from the UK earlier this month.

Although it has stopped working as an ATM card in most other machines last month.

Still works in BKB machines, doesn't work in TTB ATMs which is a bit weird.

Edited by BritManToo

42 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Used my TMB VISA card to buy cannabis seeds online from the UK earlier this month.

Although it has stopped working as an ATM card in most other machines last month.

Still works in BKB machines, doesn't work in TTB ATMs which is a bit weird.

Interesting!  Does your TMB card have the old 4-digit PIN?  The new TTB/TMB cards use a 6-digit PIN and will work in all brands of ATMs.

Maybe you just need a new card - which might not allow internet use, of course!

43 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Interesting!  Does your TMB card have the old 4-digit PIN?  The new TTB/TMB cards use a 6-digit PIN and will work in all brands of ATMs.

Maybe you just need a new card - which might not allow internet use, of course!

6 digit it's a new card from just before they changed their name.