Prices to rent Koh Chang house long-term?

simon43

I always thought (incorrectly) that Koh Chang had no roads that are suitable for cars!  So in my current search for somewhere to live long-term (after recently returning from work in north Laos), I gave Koh Chang a miss.  But now I see from YT videos that the road round the island is good!

I've previously lived on Phuket for many years, also on Samui.  I teach online, and AIS 4G coverage looks fine on Koh Chang.  I'm a scientist and radio amateur.  So I need to rent a modest, small Thai-style detached house with a big garden for my antennas.  I can't really find any properties to rent on the usual websites, so I wonder if someone who lives on the island can give me some information about the availability and price of detached houses.  I'm in Chachoengsao right now, so not a long drive to Koh Chang.  But if it's a place where rental prices are at a premium, or there are very few houses for long-term rent, then I'll just head in the other direction and down to Samui ????

I lived in Koh Chang 4 years ago.  There is a hotel called KB Resort (see map).  the owners have several houses for rent near that area but without sea views.  The price was not high, the houses are old but of good quality.  Independent, quiet with garden.  A vehicle is essential to get around.

Also, for long term you can Google DEE ONE PROPERTY, They are French and have a good rental offer throughout the Island.

Good luck!

Edited by Tarteso

I knew several people living there, but I don't know prices. I would think small detached houses from 5k, away from beach, up the hill.

There is a large some 1500m mountain in the middle, dividing island into touristy west side and thai east side.

That mountain might affect your radio working. The whole island is a national park, maybe more difficult to get radio operating license there.

The farther side of island would be cheaper, less people, but also away from the 3 large supermarkets (those are closer to ferry).

Good to start searching now, at the end of year there would be wave of long term tourists taking those properties for winter. Search for renting agents located on island

6 minutes ago, internationalism said:

I knew several people living there, but I don't know prices. I would think small detached houses from 5k, away from beach, up the hill.

There is a large some 1500m mountain in the middle, dividing island into touristy west side and thai east side.

That mountain might affect your radio working. The whole island is a national park, maybe more difficult to get radio operating license there.

The farther side of island would be cheaper, less people, but also away from the 3 large supermarkets (those are closer to ferry).

Good to start searching now, at the end of year there would be wave of long term tourists taking those properties for winter. Search for renting agents located on island

Thanks!  I already have my Thai ham licence for 20 years ????  No problems to operate anywhere in Thailand, (except at the end of an airport runway!)