Roof Heat Extractor Chimney

freedomnow

4 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

Lazda has loads small and big comes with or without a roof sheet .search wirly bird roof vents

Search No Result
We're sorry. We cannot find any matches for your search term.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Readily available in the big hardware stores I would have thought.......the problem will be finding someone competent enough to fit it and not have it leak.

They always tell you "Yes No ploblem I can do"

then when it starts to leak they suddenly go to Bangkok or have COVID and are unable to return to make any sort of repair 

• Haha 1

Before buying a revolving 'turban' type product check how well it's manufactured and check the gap between the static part and the revolving part. If not well designed and built the two parts can easily touch each other, causing break down of these sections of the product and loud noises.

With all such products get a couple of rcommendations from users, especially re noise. Many, when revolving, especially revolving fast build a quite loud revolving 'take off' noise which is loud and unpleasant.

A friend in Sydney had several installed in the roof of his large house. He got a qualified engineer to design a prototype, when it worked well they went ahead and built/installed 4 or 5 across the roof and with good results to pump air out. 

The designer insisted on using a very large industrial ball bearing between the static and revolving  components which markedly reduced vibration and noise, and helped to bring higher speed and better effectiveness. Cost a fortune but highly effective.

• Like 2

Yes, I prefer the other passive types if I can choose -

https://myroofhub.com/materials/roof-vents-attic-ventilation/

but cannot dig them up here online so far....only the whirlies

https://www.onestockhome.com/en/products/51129365/turbine-ventilation-roman-tile-natural-system_alloy-materials

Edited by freedomnow

47 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Not something I would buy sight unseen. I would need to touch it first.

Yep, touch it, smell it, lick it, kiss it, listen to it, check if instalation is available by experienced people  and check the price.

As said they can become noisy, rust and start rattling. My friend has one and he has to get up there to oil it, his comes directly down into the room so he has had to fit a removable mozy screen also. I would check out how to make a passive roof cooler. 

• 2 weeks later...

Home Pro don't sell them but they did say meghome......I took a chance from lazada in the end ..works well under 2000 bhat comes with roof sheet.  For a 14 inch...  Just make sure you get the right sheet .as there seems to be a few different profiles of sheets...