Governments to Distribute Cannabis Extract Test Kits to Ensure Public Safety

snoop1130

a615a668c815a51e4c2a3a493163f817_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Department of Medical Sciences will provide free cannabis test kits to consumers and businesses to ensure that their cannabis extracts comply with government regulations.

Despite the removal of cannabis from the narcotics list, Thai authorities still consider extracts containing more than 0.2 percent Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) to be narcotics.

According to the department’s director-general Dr. Supakit Sirilak, 15,000 test kits will be distributed to the public to determine whether the cannabis extract in their possession exceeds legal limits.

Dr. Supakit said that these “Test Kann” kits are easy to use and can provide results within 15 minutes. If THC exceeds 0.2 percent, only one red-purple bar will appear on the test kit, while two red-purple bars indicate that THC does not exceed 0.2 percent. Extracts found with THC of more than 0.2 percent will then be sent to laboratories for further testing.

The director-general said the aim of these distributions is to ensure that people have safe access to cannabis. He stated that the department is prepared to hand over test kit technology to private organizations, allowing the public easier access to test kits at a lower cost. Officials are currently determining which groups should be prioritized for free distribution and the precise date for the allocation of these test kits.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-06-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The director-general said the aim of these distributions is to ensure that people have safe access to cannabis

They can also be used to eliminate paying for something that's best used for compost.

Just kidding.

A kit that gave you an estimate of THC content would truly be useful.

28 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Test kits for everything.....How about a test kit to tell me if a bar girl will really love me long time...

Or helped you determine if it's safe to love her long time.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

They can also be used to eliminate paying for something that's best used for compost.

Just kidding.

A kit that gave you an estimate of THC content would truly be useful.

www.cannalyticssupply.com

Gives a rough estimate of THC and other cannabinoids. Fiddly to use, but can certainly tell the difference between "good" and "bad" oil.

Edited by Raphael Hythlodaeus
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

extracts are not the problem....lack of education and improper use is. 

I agree with that as a while back someone told me that cannabis also cured internal hemorrhoids.  For two weeks I walked around like a penguin with a gram stuck up my a**se and it made not one jot of difference.  ????

• Haha 1

The real issue should be checking for poisonous chemical remnants after the leaching process to remove the THC has been carried out.

The CBD items in the West all provide lab results to ensure there is no food adulteration. 

I don't trust Thais to make handgel alcohol wash, let alone CBD items. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1