Best Fiber Optic Internet Provider Package Value in Phuket

skatewash

I am looking for the best value for fiber optic (FTTH) internet provider in Phuket.  I have been with CAT's C Internet service for 8 years at 952.30 baht/month.  Service is satisfactory, but I have been told that I am overpaying.  I erroneously thought I was stuck with CAT, but I guess there are other competitors  that offer FTTH in this area, such as True, 3BB, and maybe others.

I will be going to CAT office in Phuket Town to see if they can find a better (less expensive) package for me.  I have an enquiry in with True to see if they have a package for me.

Anyone have a Fiber Internet package for Phuket you would like to recommend?  Thanks.

If I found the online information available from the providers the least bit helpful I wouldn't be asking. ????

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

Had AIS for quite a few years and never a problem with their service.   I see they're currently doing an option of 399 baht/month for 300 Mbps down/up.

https://www.aisfibreonline.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw5NqVBhAjEiwAeCa97Yb2fkqzlPQojNY20Ebkp2SqmWIBNy_N0wnXO_mCfaIUQ0yiBsv9LhoCeYIQAvD_BwE

Very good option and it also comes with 5GB of cell data. Perfect for me Iif I were in phuket. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for all the replies.  It turns out I have a 1,000 Mbps download and 500 Mbps upload speed plan from CAT for 890.00 baht/month.

It looks like there are 1,542 more different plans than there need to be but thanks to the previous suggestions I think I've narrowed it down to the following (in order of desirability).  Note: all of these plans offer download speed of 1,000 Mbps and upload speed of 500 Mbps:

1) AIS has a fiber optic plan called "2 Power4 GIGA Special II" for 529.50 baht/month.  Requires a 2 year contract and comes with the following free extras:

• Get a new SIM number, AIS Unlimited, Speed 10 Mbps, free calls to all networks, 200 minutes.
  • AIS PLAYbox box, PLAY Family for 24 months, VIU Premium for 12 months.

2) True "Gigatex PRO CYOD" for 399.00 baht/month (Note: CYOD means that you have to purchase a router, available from True for 1,690 baht.).  Requires a 1 year contract. (The annual cost of this plan is 6,478 baht, while that for AIS is only 6,354 baht.)

3) TOT "MAX DFiber" for 590.00 baht/month.

4) 3BB "GIGAFiber" for 700.00 baht/month.

Seems like an easy choice at the moment.  One seems to get a lot of extras with the AIS plan (phone data plan and calls, PLAY Family and VIU Premium TV).  Doesn't seem like the 2 year contract is a bad deal with the 529.50 baht/month price tag.

There are cheaper plans available at slower speeds but since I've become accustomed to 1,000/500 Mbps, it didn't seem advisable to downgrade just to save even more money.

Hoping to be able to port my existing phone number from DTAC to AIS with option 1.

Thanks again for the advice!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2022 at 7:17 PM, skatewash said:

Thank you for all the replies.  It turns out I have a 1,000 Mbps download and 500 Mbps upload speed plan from CAT for 890.00 baht/month.

It looks like there are 1,542 more different plans than there need to be but thanks to the previous suggestions I think I've narrowed it down to the following (in order of desirability).  Note: all of these plans offer download speed of 1,000 Mbps and upload speed of 500 Mbps:

1) AIS has a fiber optic plan called "2 Power4 GIGA Special II" for 529.50 baht/month.  Requires a 2 year contract and comes with the following free extras:

• Get a new SIM number, AIS Unlimited, Speed 10 Mbps, free calls to all networks, 200 minutes.
  • AIS PLAYbox box, PLAY Family for 24 months, VIU Premium for 12 months.

2) True "Gigatex PRO CYOD" for 399.00 baht/month (Note: CYOD means that you have to purchase a router, available from True for 1,690 baht.).  Requires a 1 year contract. (The annual cost of this plan is 6,478 baht, while that for AIS is only 6,354 baht.)

3) TOT "MAX DFiber" for 590.00 baht/month.

4) 3BB "GIGAFiber" for 700.00 baht/month.

Seems like an easy choice at the moment.  One seems to get a lot of extras with the AIS plan (phone data plan and calls, PLAY Family and VIU Premium TV).  Doesn't seem like the 2 year contract is a bad deal with the 529.50 baht/month price tag.

There are cheaper plans available at slower speeds but since I've become accustomed to 1,000/500 Mbps, it didn't seem advisable to downgrade just to save even more money.

Hoping to be able to port my existing phone number from DTAC to AIS with option 1.

Thanks again for the advice!

Follow up:

I remain with CAT because only CAT can apparently service my condominium.  True, AIS, and 3bb, could not.  I can't complain about the service was just hoping to get a cheaper price.  Not possible where I live in Phuket.

• 10 months later...
On 6/26/2022 at 2:58 AM, Kopitiam said:

I have been using 3BB fibre optic internet broadband for the past 4 years.  Very happy with their service and performance.  I reckon they have the cheapest fibre optic internet broadband package:

https://fiber.3bb.co.th/en/3bb-giga-fiber/

Nothing is now unless try many, cant just have opinion on one thing..  

On 6/26/2022 at 5:25 AM, pagallim said:

Had AIS for quite a few years and never a problem with their service.   I see they're currently doing an option of 399 baht/month for 300 Mbps down/up.

https://www.aisfibreonline.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw5NqVBhAjEiwAeCa97Yb2fkqzlPQojNY20Ebkp2SqmWIBNy_N0wnXO_mCfaIUQ0yiBsv9LhoCeYIQAvD_BwE

looks like 449 thb now..