Any recent experiences with getting filler for aging face?

david_je

Please share any notable aspects including choice of doctor, results, brand of filler, Korean fillers vs U.S.-made, etc. I am most interested in smoothing out brow and mouth lines and adding volume around cheeks.

There have been past posts on this, but could not find anything more recent. I am in Bangkok.

Thank you. 

I do it several times a year, and also Botox

I use Dr. Donna at medconsult  - good prices and she really takes her time. She tends to be very conservative, more likely to give not enough rather than risk too much - just a tip as you may have to ask her to add more.

https://www.medconsultasia.com/

Don't try to use online booking, does nto work well - send email, call or use LineApp.

I have not found any difference in results with different brands of filler. Type is important i.e. some are suitable for volume and some are for fine lines.  With Botox however I find the Korean brands just don't "take" and I have to request the US brand.Might just be me (and also the fact that I've been getting Botox for years).

Forehead lines respond well to Botox. You might do best to get Botox there first then after 2-3 weeks see what remains before getting filler on forehead, you might not need it then, or need it in only 1-2 spots.

Mouth lines, it is usually best to do volume filler high on the cheeks and to the side, this lifts things up.

If things are really sagging around the mouth/lower face, thread lift may be worth considering and lasts longer than fillers.

With fillers and thread lift you see the result immediately, with Botox it takes a few weeks.

18 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I do it several times a year, and also Botox

Mouth lines, it is usually best to do volume filler high on the cheeks and to the side, this lifts things up.

You do fillers several times a year? They are so short-lasting?

What brand and type have you found best for mouth lines and lifting and adding volume to cheeks?

Thank you, Sheryl.

48 minutes ago, david_je said:

You do fillers several times a year? They are so short-lasting?

What brand and type have you found best for mouth lines and lifting and adding volume to cheeks?

Thank you, Sheryl.

Botox about 3 times a year (when you first start it, may last only 3 months, starts to last longer with repeat injections).

Filler, 1-2 times a year.  Fillers last 6-12 months, I could do it less often but I like to top up before my annual trips back to farangland.

Thread lift by contrast lasts 1-2 years

A lot depends on how vain you are - if you wait until things wear off totally then frequency can be less often but you won't look your best the last few months.  What tends to happen is you get attached to hbw you look right after these treatments and as soon as you detect a noticeable change, you want to get it again.

As I said before, I have not noticed any difference by brand of filler and I usually go with whatever she (Dr. Donna) has on special at the moment...and I don't even keep track of which I got. They are all HA (hyaluronic acid).

There are some non-HA fillers that last much longer, e.g. Radiesse, but not available in Thailand.

There is also something called Sculptra which is nto exactly a filler but rather stimulates collagen production, but I have nto been able to  find it in Thailand so far.