school enrollment requirement for parenting permit of stay

I am a single dad of  a Thai citizen 15 years old . Until now when applying for the yearly extension of stay (as a single parent of a minor Thai citizen), I have been requested to provide a certificate of enrollment in a school released by the school itself. My question is: when this requirement will be stopped to be fulfilled? I guess that there is a limit of age or curriculum, beyond which I shouldn't be obliged to provide such proof. My daughter will turn 16 in November and is going to finish Year 10 (British curriculum) at the end of this week. Our area is Pattaya.

Thank you

Are you applying for a extension based upon being the parent of a child attending a school (500k baht in bank needed).

Or are you applying for a extension of stay based upon the parent of a Thai. Nothing should be needed for that extension other than proof she is attending a school and that would be you local immigrate office wanting it. There is nothing in the written orders for the extension that requires it.

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you applying for a extension based upon being the parent of a child attending a school (500k baht in bank needed).

Or are you applying for a extension of stay based upon the parent of a Thai. Nothing should be needed for that extension other than proof she is attending a school and that would be you local immigrate office wanting it. There is nothing in the written orders for the extension that requires it.

For an extension of stay based upon the parent of a Thai. The point is that my daughter means to terminate attending any school this or maybe next year. What if she doesn't want to continue the study further? There must be a limit of time beyond which this is not a requirement anymore for applying the extension. Or they demand that she has to go to school all her life long? I guess that this could be related to the compulsory school period in Thailand , but I am not sure and anyway I don't know what it is. I guess that I am not the only foreigner staying in Thailand with this kind of permit. Somebody should have a precise information about this. Thanks for any help.

13 minutes ago, Svadhistana said:

he point is that my daughter means to terminate attending any school this or maybe next year. What if she doesn't want to continue the study further? There must be a limit of time beyond which this is not a requirement anymore for applying the extension.

As I wrote before there is nothing in the rules that states she has to be attending school.

It is her choice to not attend at the age of 17 if I recall correctly.

There is also no written age limit for you being able to apply for the extension but some offices state 20 is the maximum.

• Thanks 1