Best Italian Restaurant in Pattaya and Jomtien

The Hammer2021

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

what are the best top ten and what are their signature dishes?

Sorry I can not answer because I have only figured out my personal top 7 so far.  Don’t know when I’ll get to ten because 7 already seems like more than enough when added to 5 Japanese, 8 Thai, 3 Korean, 5 Vietnamese and 4 Chinese favorites.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 7:36 AM, Bill97 said:

Sorry I can not answer because I have only figured out my personal top 7 so far.  Don’t know when I’ll get to ten because 7 already seems like more than enough when added to 5 Japanese, 8 Thai, 3 Korean, 5 Vietnamese and 4 Chinese favorites.

Is this a joke or do you really mean it ? If so, then I would be interested to know your lists for these countries cooking, especially the Japanese, Vietnamese and Chinese (and of course Italian)

I could only recommend one single restaurant which I think is outstanding, and this is Japanese: Ronin, North Road Soi 16/2.

Besides I know all the Italian Restaurants that were mentioned so far, exept Marcos and Trattoria Toscana. But my favourite Italian & Pizzeria so far is still in Koh Chang if it must be in Thailand.

Edited by moogradod
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 7:21 AM, petermik said:

If as you say we are spoiled for choice then why don't you try them and come back and give us your opinion...one person's meat is anothers fowl..

Because he was asking for other people's opinions. I would  like to  see other people opinions as well as  the OP

Edited by emeraldruby
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 7:24 AM, champers said:

Grottinos on Soi 33 off Pattaya/Naklua Rd. The entrance to the soi is opposite the Woodlands Hotel. They have different home made pasta dishes as their speciality. Italian owned.

yes I've  been there and enjoyed it also Frankie's on 2nd Road

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, D M G said:

For me it's Trattoria Toscana on Beach Road, and I've heard Frankie's Inn Jomtien...

TT has lost its  Lustre but is a wonderful  place. The wild boar was served  without flair and the fries were cool not hot.

Edited by emeraldruby

On 6/29/2022 at 7:36 AM, Bill97 said:

A troll reply- insencere or pointless. Try suggesting  your top 7 Italian  restaurants then.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, moogradod said:

Is this a joke or do you really mean it ? If so, then I would be interested to know your lists for these countries cooking, especially the Japanese, Vietnamese and Chinese (and of course Italian)

I could only recommend one single restaurant which I think is outstanding, and this is Japanese: Ronin, North Road Soi 16/2.

Besides I know all the Italian Restaurants that were mentioned so far, exept Marcos and Trattoria Toscana. But my favourite Italian & Pizzeria so far is still in Koh Chang if it must be in Thailand.

so of all the restaurants in Pattaya you can only reccomend one? Robin?

• Like 1

One of the issues is how far is it worth  traveling  to. I would reccomend Marcos but for  me it's near.  There is another on Theprraya Aqapazza which is excellent- Napolitano food I think

and Bosca possibly  Sicilian near the statue  Garuda statue Jomtien

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, emeraldruby said:

No. This is a misunderstanding. Bill 97 mentioned several countries cuisines, like Japanese, Vietnamese - apart from Italien. Out of this range of couisines, I can wholeheartedly really only recommend one restaurant to the full extent. The Ronin (not Robin) is outstanding. But of course there are other good restaurants, like Casa Pascal etc., but which is more Western / International / Thai, but as well definitely recommended in this area. There are some Restaurants with German/Swiss food as well which we ocasionally visit - they are all OK. Thai restaurants also.

Please also note that this is moaning on a very high level. In Pattaya, there is not even one Michelin star restaurant - regardless of cuisine. So I am still searching for a Chinese restaurant which serves a Peking Duck the way I can find it in Bangkok (If available at all). Not that there were not any good or even very good restaurants, just nothing with a WOW factor I know. Same for Vietnamese.

Back to the topic: Italien food. I do not know any Italien in Pattaya which truely excels - especially in the category of Pizza. There is no Napoletanian Pizzeria that knocks me off my feet and produces a definite WOW. The best pizza of my life I had in Bari, just opposite of Neaples on the other side of the boot. It was a Margherita. American versions are a definite No-No.

When I think of it I should go again and try some of the restaurants you all mentioned again. I have as well a list from another tread which I did not try. Limiting factor is mostly lack of parking because for longer distances I need a wheelchair.

Some of the restaurants (and surely the ones that have been mentioned - why would you otherwise do that - are good). And I have as well a reasonably good experience myself with some of them. But nothing near even 1 Michelin Star or even above. That's why I have limited my recommendation list to the maximum and referring only to the countries I mentioned in my post based on the suggestions of Bill 97.

All restaurants listed in the posts here are really OK, none of them is bad - I would like to empasize this again and again that you do not think my wife and me are snobs. We are not and appreciate the efforts all cooks exert here. But we are as well definitely dedicated foodies which have eaten all kind of food around the world and in any class - from rat on the stick over a camp fire up to 3 star Michelin in Paris.

Bangkok then is another matter - but this is here for Pattaya.

7 hours ago, emeraldruby said:

It would have to include fresh seafood for me...

5 minutes ago, D M G said:

It would have to include fresh seafood for me...

The Ronin is a Japanese Style Sushi restaurant with the freshest fish imaginable in a wide variety, but it is not what is generally known as a seafood restaurant.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Espanol said:
On 6/30/2022 at 5:49 PM, Tonsan said:

Guido's on Tepprasit.

Do you have a link to Google Map? I can't not find that place.

The restaurant's name is Gian's, the owner is Guido.

My favourite Italian restaurant too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

None I ever tried were comparable to many of the local places in Providence Rhode Island, my home town.  Parts of this city had the center stripe on some of the streets painted in the Italian Flag colors.  That's how Italiano it was

However, two places of convenience I liked in Pattaya were 1: The weekly Lasagna special with salad at the old Robin's Nest on Soi Diana.  A fine little restaurant.  I don't expect miracles when traveling half way around the world.  2:  The little spaghetti stall at the corner of the street there.  At night she cooks up the onions and garlic and tomatoes and makes that the sauce.  Again, not 5 star rating but quick, easy, a few stools to sit on if you want. 

Again, half way around the world, I don't expect miracles.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, LarrySR said:

Several years ago, the Italian restaurant at the Ambassador Hotel was recommended by a local Italian friend. 
I liked it.

I wonder if it survived the pandemic?

It is a long way out of town.