Jump to content

Retirement to Work Visa??

Recommended Posts

I've been in Thailand for a few years on a Retirement Visa, but now I have a company that wants to hire me but only if I go onto a work visa with them. Are there any issue switching from a retirement visa to work visa?  Or issues switching back if things don't work out?  I want to avoid any need to leave the country as I have a wife and kid to take care of.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You cannot change your non-o visa entry to a non-b visa without leaving the country.

You could change the reason for your extension of stay from retirement to working for a company. The biggest obstacle is getting a work permit application done to obtain a work permit application approval letter that would be required to do the change.

Changing back to a extension based upon retirement would not be a problem.

If you are married to a Thai and had a extension based upon marriage you could get the work permit with that type of extension without a problem.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...