Where To Get a RT-PCR (Reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction) Test in Phuket

JetsetBkk

A friend of mine and his two kids are flying to Qatar.

Qatar Airways requires a negative result for the RT-PCR test from all three of them.

Anyone know where to get such a test?

He's having trouble finding one that costs less than 5,000 baht!

12 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Can you just confirm?......The PCR test is required because of their destination and not the airline......cheers.

Sorry - all I know is that they are travelling on Qatar Airways to Qatar.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-kr/offers/templates/PCR-TEST.html

"Medical test requirement

For the safety of all passengers, Qatar Airways requires passengers travelling from certain gateways to present a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR medical test result when checking in. "

• Thanks 1

I wonder if the PSAS site would work for this. 

https://www.thailandpsas.com/SignIn

The Op is correct that he needs an RT-PCR negative cert to enter Qatar.

--------------------

A Negative RT-PCR certificate is NOT required if Transiting through Hamad (Doha) Airport. 

A Negative RT-PCR certificate IS required if travelling into / staying in Qatar.

https://covid19.moph.gov.qa/EN/travel-and-return-policy/Pages/default.aspx

The Op likely fits into ‘Group D - Visitors’ [Non residents / Non Gulf Coast Citizens].

IF the Op is an EU National, he does not need a Negative RT-PCR certificate.

IF the Op is not an EU National and travelling with Thai Family, he and is Thai family need a Negative RT-PCR certificate to enter Qatar.

image.png.f1847f551d996d8098509676871663fc.png

• Thanks 2

The Qatar Airways website says a PCR test is not required for fully vaccinated people flying from Thailand to Doha (whether they  are not transiting or entering the country). 

If the person's final destination is a different country and that country requires a PCR, The Tourist Clinic in Patong offers a 24 hour PCR result option for 2,490. I used them before and they were efficient. 

2 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

The Qatar Airways website says a PCR test is not required for fully vaccinated people flying from Thailand to Doha (whether they  are not transiting or entering the country). 

If the person's final destination is a different country and that country requires a PCR, The Tourist Clinic in Patong offers a 24 hour PCR result option for 2,490. I used them before and they were efficient. 

My friend emailed me an hour ago: Tomorrow he's going to get a "Vaccination WHO yellow book", whatever that is, and that he is "transiting" not "visiting".  So he saved himself 15,000 baht (3 x 5,000). I hope he's right!

I presume he's getting 3 of these books/cards - for him and his two kids, or maybe one book/card covers all three.

17 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

My friend emailed me an hour ago: Tomorrow he's going to get a "Vaccination WHO yellow book", whatever that is, and that he is "transiting" not "visiting".  So he saved himself 15,000 baht (3 x 5,000). I hope he's right!

I presume he's getting 3 of these books/cards - for him and his two kids, or maybe one book/card covers all three.

I have just returned from visiting the UK for three weeks flying Qatar and transiting in Doha.

I rang them in Doha before leaving and was advised that the only requirements were those of the government from where you depart or arrive.

The only documentation they to see was the Thailand Pass when I departed the UK.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Qatar Airways don't ask for covid test or vax at check in and in transit in Doha. No need for masks also on board and in airport. Easy going. Did it 1.5 weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

The Yellow vax books are a waste of time if he already has the Vaccination certification from Mor Prom.

1 hour ago, schlog said:

Qatar Airways don't ask for covid test or vax at check in and in transit in Doha. No need for masks also on board and in airport. Easy going. Did it 1.5 weeks ago.

Hopefully he will let me know by email what problems, if any, he had getting to his final destination which is somewhere in Europe - he's putting his two Thai daughters through "English" school. I forget which country.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Yellow vax books are a waste of time if he already has the Vaccination certification from Mor Prom.

Looks like he should've posted on here what his plans were and then maybe he would've received some useful advice!

• Like 1