Getting a New ATM Card

My Thai Kbank ATM card from a CM branch expired 2 years ago and i'm planning on returning to LoS next year and want to find out the procedure to renew it so i can transfer funds to my bank account before i leave.

My account is still active for transferring funds to support family.

I recall from living there i needed to front up to the branch where the account was opened to get a new ATM and have a local address?

I wont be going to CM this trip and don't have an address in LoS anymore.

I could go to a Kbank branch when i arrive too.

Has anyone any useful info regarding how i need to go about this?

If worst comes to worst i'll call their call centre and see what they say ????

Edited by Coaster11

When getting new ATM card or new bankbook I was never asked for proof of address. I doubt they will check visa status or the like for this occasion.

BUT:

Is your passport (number) still the same which is registered with the account?

If not this might be an extra effort.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

When getting new ATM card or new bankbook I was never asked for proof of address. I doubt they will check visa status or the like for this occasion.

BUT:

Is your passport (number) still the same which is registered with the account?

If not this might be an extra effort.

Thanks,

Yes i do have a new Passport obtained just last week.

Did you get a new ATM card from the branch the account was held or other?

16 minutes ago, Coaster11 said:

Did you get a new ATM card from the branch the account was held or other?

See answer above. I tried other branch only for the bankbook.

And Kasikorn is most advanced with service at any branch.

If possible have the old passport with you.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can virtually guarantee that you must have both the old passport and new along with the expired card. Also my experience is that depending on the card you may be unable to get a new atm card at a different branch.

However if you can still transfer money as you say why bother with an ATM card. Just transfer all the money and abandon the account.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 2

Thanks for all the replies,

How long does it take them to issue a new card...on the spot or sometime later?

I want the card so i can load some funds into the account pre trip and use it while there rather than carry a bundle of cash or TC's.

1 hour ago, Coaster11 said:

Thanks for all the replies,

How long does it take them to issue a new card...on the spot or sometime later?

I want the card so i can load some funds into the account pre trip and use it while there rather than carry a bundle of cash or TC's.

It sounds like a rather risky plan, carry a load of cash in the hope you can get a card issued to use here and pay the cash in, or transfer money in the hopes you will get a card with no problems. 

It certainly could happen the way you want but it’s not a plan that is guaranteed to work. I hope you have a backup to that one.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It sounds like a rather risky plan, carry a load of cash in the hope you can get a card issued to use here and pay the cash in, or transfer money in the hopes you will get a card with no problems. 

It certainly could happen the way you want but it’s not a plan that is guaranteed to work. I hope you have a backup to that one.

Agree,

The back up is i can just use the money in LoS as i send regularly to my young bloke and his family out in Isaan by transferring to his mothers account and just withdraw cash with my foreign ATM card if it doesn't work out but it sounds like all will be good.

8 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I can't imagine anything much less "risky" than a customer going into their bank and getting a new ATM card, that's all he needs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1