Phuket Retirement Renewal Report (Bank Deposit Method)

Good report, thanks!  

One point of clarification:  I was able to get a retirement extension with just my new passport (which only had the stamps transferred from the old passport).  However, advisable to bring your old passport just in case.  Better to have things you don't use, than to need things you don't have. ????

• Like 1

OP, in addition to photocopies of bank pages you also provided bank statement.

Was this requested or just provided by yourself.

You should not require photocopies of all passport pages.

At for original non O......if in old pp that should not be required.

The information pertaining to original non O is entered into first couple of pages of new pp.

1 hour ago, skatewash said:

Good report, thanks!  

One point of clarification:  I was able to get a retirement extension with just my new passport (which only had the stamps transferred from the old passport).  However, advisable to bring your old passport just in case.  Better to have things you don't use, than to need things you don't have. ????

If the visa stamp has been transfered to a new passport then yes this is correct. Also paid 1900 not 1999 ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

If the visa stamp has been transfered to a new passport then yes this is correct. Also paid 1900 not 1999 ????

Visa stamps are not transferred.

The information about the visa eg what type etc, is written in the first two pages of the new passport.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, in addition to photocopies of bank pages you also provided bank statement.

Was this requested or just provided by yourself.

You should not require photocopies of all passport pages.

At for original non O......if in old pp that should not be required.

The information pertaining to original non O is entered into first couple of pages of new pp.

All the documentation listed is required...as is ALL the passport pages.

1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Semantics...the information is transferred ????

It's not semantics at all.

Also where on the list is it stated that for money in bank method the photocopies of pages of bank book and in addition to that bank statements are required.

Perhaps just another office with overkill. 

32 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's not semantics at all.

Also where on the list is it stated that for money in bank method the photocopies of pages of bank book and in addition to that bank statements are required.

Perhaps just another office with overkill. 

It's stated on the information sheet given out at the information desk for "retirement visa" extensions. If using the bank method, don't take the documents listed and get the brush back. It's up to you.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

It's stated on the information sheet given out at the information desk for "retirement visa" extensions. If using the bank method, don't take the documents listed and get the brush back. It's up to you.

Can confirm that they want all three of these at Phuket:

• Signed and stamped bank letter AND Signed and stamped bank statement showing the required money and duration before application date.
  • Copy updated Thai bank book name page and last 12 months transactions. (aquire all bank papers and update bankbook on the day of the application or the application can be denied)
  • Please make sure that all papers have the same balance mentioned

https://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/retirement/

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

All the documentation listed is required...as is ALL the passport pages.

It can seem like they ask for all passport pages, but really all they are interested in is the following:

1. Copies from following passport pages:
  2. Detail page
  3. Current visa/extension
  4. All extensions from last Non-O visa or transfer stamp to new passport. (If applicable)
  5. Last entry stamp
  6. TM6 departure card
  7. Passport size picture.\

Item 4 can be a long chain if you're working with years of extensions and encompass many pages.  That's why I was pleased that they seem to draw the line at your newest passport, which has been pointed out has the information relating to your original visa in the stamps that are transferred from the old passport.

3 hours ago, skatewash said:

It can seem like they ask for all passport pages, but really all they are interested in is the following:

1. Copies from following passport pages:
  2. Detail page
  3. Current visa/extension
  4. All extensions from last Non-O visa or transfer stamp to new passport. (If applicable)
  5. Last entry stamp
  6. TM6 departure card
  7. Passport size picture.\

Item 4 can be a long chain if you're working with years of extensions and encompass many pages.  That's why I was pleased that they seem to draw the line at your newest passport, which has been pointed out has the information relating to your original visa in the stamps that are transferred from the old passport.

For most people, it's easier (and safer) to just copy all pages of the passport (which should include the visa transfer info if original "O" visa is in an expired one) and let them toss out any they don't want. At 2 baht a copy at most shops and at immigration, it's the easy route. The official in room 106 said he wanted copies of all the pages (and the original visa isn't on the first page) so I had to trundle over to the copy desk and make them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skatewash said:

Signed and stamped bank letter AND Signed and stamped bank statement showing the required money and duration before application date.

There are two interpretations of this requirement: statement pages going back 3 month (the 800k deposit "seasoning" period) or back 1 year (last visa renewal). I go with one year as it covers both.

29 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

There are two interpretations of this requirement: statement pages going back 3 month (the 800k deposit "seasoning" period

The "seasoning period" is 2 months prior not 3. 

I renewed my PP a few weeks ago. In order to have the stamps transferred from old PP to new PP at Korat Imm, I had to provide photocopies of every page of my old PP, which was one of the extra pages PPs and came to 22 A4 pages. Now, next Monday, I'll be renewing my annual retirement ext at Korat, and along with all the usual forms & bank letters and statements, I also need to provide photocopies of every page of my old PP, and give them another set of 22 A4 pages, that they already have somewhere in their office. What on earth do they do with all these millions of photocopies?

14 minutes ago, grain said:

What on earth do they do with all these millions of photocopies

Just another rubbish immigration office.

There is normally only few photocopies required at most immigration offices.

There is always idiot offices and officers. 

• Like 1