Westerner hospitalised in Pattaya with self-inflicted wounds

snoop1130

logo-4-1.png

A Norwegian man was rushed to hospital in Pattaya today (Thursday), for treatment of serious knife wounds to his abdomen, believed to be self-inflicted.

Police said that they did not find any traces of a fight in the tourist’s room, at a hotel in Bang Lamung district. They claimed, however, to have found a small pack of cannabis, which was already open and partially used.

Pattaya police overseeing illegal narcotic suppression said that the 54-year-old tourist might have hallucinated and hurt himself.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/westerner-hospitalised-in-pattaya-with-self-inflicted-wounds/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-06-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oh geez, blaming everything on weed now. 

This from the link, it's seems like it's at least worth looking into;

Since the decriminalisation of cannabis, hemp and their extracts, with THC content of less than 0.2 percent by weight, on June 9th, there have been several cases of people being sent for treatment after consuming cannabis, including a few cases of self-harm.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Boyn said:

I thought weed just gave you the munchies! or self harm with crisps and biscuits.

not if it's any good- The Old man and the hills - controlled his assassins ( hashasins) with cannabis giving them periods  in paradise as a  reward

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

car accidents/crashes now will be due to the WEED not brake failure, not rain, not shortage of sleep etc !!!

Without any doubt.

I fear Thailand has moved too quickly with the cannabis stuff and failed to bother with proper public education.

I support decriminalization but at this point I predict a backlash.

It would have been better to go slower in the long run.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, emeraldruby said:

not if it's any good- The Old man and the hills - controlled his assassins ( hashasins) with cannabis giving them periods  in paradise as a  reward

Likely this was a fallacy.

The word asas in Arabic means "principle". The Asāsiyyūn (plural, from literary Arabic) were, as defined in Arabic, the principle people. The term "assassin" likely has roots in hashshāshīn ("hashish smokers or users"), a mispronunciation of the original Asāsiyyūn. 

From Wiki.

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Hysteria.

No, it´s not hysteria. Why the sudden need to make weed look so harmless. It´s same like any other drug. Both weed and alcohol as well as most other drugs can create hallucinations.

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

No, it´s not hysteria. Why the sudden need to make weed look so harmless. It´s same like any other drug. Both weed and alcohol as well as most other drugs can create hallucinations.

Actually doing too much strong weed is NOT  associated with self harm or suicide. LSD is like on a really bad trip.

• Like 2

Just now, Gottfrid said:

Indeed. I smoke and drink so I'm not about to tell anyone to not take drugs. However, believing that you are ok on pot means that it can't possibly have bad effects on anyone else is delusional at best.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Perhaps you didn't notice that the stuff they found looks like leaves, usually used in cooking. Look at the picture. 

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Without any doubt.

I fear Thailand has moved too quickly with the cannabis stuff and failed to bother with proper public education.

I support decriminalization but at this point I predict a backlash.

It would have been better to go slower in the long run.

Ya think.......

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Actually doing too much strong weed is NOT  associated with self harm or suicide. LSD is like on a really bad trip.

Really, where did it go wrong? It is associated with possible hallucinations. Therefore, you can not control your hallucinations and what they show. Possibly something that can lead to self harm. But, without hallucinations, you are right, but that was not the case in my post. 

Weak weed laced with tcp to give effect of a stronger hit more common in illegal weed markets. Here hallucinations and danger are higher.

legalisation should hopefully reduce this practice provided sellers are selling at reasonable prices. 

Curious if the did some analysis on his leaves to see what he was actually taking.